Please dust off this mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
Is anyone home? No sign of life anywhere.....
Hello......
Is anyone going to breeth life back into this mod? So you didn't win MSU... You still have a good mod on your hands. Keep developing it and make it something....
Add a few more courses and a server at least....

Qix77

Oct 12, 2002
Visit site
This is how I see it.

Haste makes wast (thats why I rarely hurry). That's why I like to encourage modders to take their time. While playing Duffers, I couldn't believe how beautiful this mod is... and fun. I still play this game at least 3 times a week. It was well put together and you can tell that you guys spent time on this mod before making an impression. Thats why I don't complain when a game (or any game for that matter) makes me wait. Deadlines don't bread good games. Remember the Atari 2600 in it's latter days.

So while I'm waiting, I believe it's my duty as a fan to do my part by telling people about this mod and let them know that it's something everyone should have.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
Qix77 said:
This is how I see it.

Haste makes wast (thats why I rarely hurry)
Remember the Atari 2600 in it's latter days.

So while I'm waiting, I believe it's my duty as a fan to do my part by telling people about this mod and let them know that it's something everyone should have.

Keep up the good work.
I'm sorry, but I don't get the Duffer's Golf/Atari2600 thing there.... :rolleyes: Atari might own 2k4, but they didn't code it.... :eek:
Anyhow, so when can we expect to see a Duffer's update? I like the game too, but the same 3 holes get old quick.

Qix77

Oct 12, 2002
Visit site
It's wasn't in relation to new Atari corp.. I was referring to the 80's when Atari destroyed it self for makeing too many crappy games within a month deadlines... it doesn't matter...

Anyways...

I'm still gung-ho (another 80's reference) about this project... Please.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated... don't fall in the same void that UTRON did...

;)

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
I apologize for the lack of news about Duffers. Allow me to give a brief history and news about the future:

In a nutshell, Duffers Golf for UT2004 is essentially dead. There was a short period where we were actively working on a version titled Duffers Mini Golf, but development on that has ceased as well. Members of the team had real-life issues pop up (babies, etc) and we just couldn't seem to find our way forward.

I personally played around with a few ideas for other projects, but finally decided to tackle a standalone version of Duffers on my own. It will not be a mod, but a full downloadable game. I don't have much detail beyond that, but you can follow my development blog at http://www.mixworld.com.

I realize it's a little insane to try to take on such an endeavor by myself, but I won't have to rely on others, meaning its success or failure rests entirely on my shoulders.

As I mention in the blog, I'm in the early planning stages. When I have more to show, I'll be posting it on http://www.duffersgolf.net, the game's new home. As I also mention in the blog, the game will most likely be free to download and play, so I hope you'll give it a shot when it eventually releases.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
OK. Keep us posted. I'll be happy to toss out some courses for Duffers. Unreal Engine or not (you traitor!), I've liked following your project.

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
I have much love for UT and the Unreal Engine (UT2007 was sweet). This is more of a personal exercise.

As for editing, my goal is to have texture boundaries (fairways, bunkers, etc) and masses of objects (trees, flowers, etc) placed on the course by putting down spline curves, while using a heightmap for terrain. VERY simple to use.

Qix77

Oct 12, 2002
Visit site
I'm very sad... but I do completely understand. Life is rather odd this way. I, myself, had to end projects due to real life situitations. I wish the best for your former crew, and I wish you the best in the upcomming Duffers. I'm looking forward in seeing it.

:)

Keep up the good work.