cXp public beta: we need your support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
dA_gay said:
Why doesn't my opinion count? I think it does

PF Prophet said:
dont think you will hert urself

get back in ur short buss and go home

LMAO :tup:

You're the phucking extreme minority crap packer so stfu your oppinion means nothing.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Hey Dead_Metal-

I remember reading here long ago about a special mode you were going to add to CXP. You told us your avatar was a hint. Is that still happening?

By the way-I just dl'd the pack, but won't be able to install and play until tomorrow evening, if I can find a server running the new maps. I have played on Gecko (nice changes to existing map) and Artidozenraptors (my dialup doesn't like the big room much, and it's basically a fragfest map). I walked around Uranium Echo, but haven't seen it on any servers. Decent framerates off-line with just me on the map.

I would also like to say, that based on the screenshot of Duality, I'm going to get killed a lot while standing still staring at those naked chicks!

Also, I want to thank you all for the new maps and keeping the game going.

-gb

dA_gay

Banned
Jul 4, 2004
RLD said:
LMAO :tup:

You're the phucking extreme minority crap packer so stfu your oppinion means nothing.

Make me...TK|L owns you

Last edited:

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
ArtiDozenRaptors needs to just plain go away. It has no XMP value, it plays like ass.. nobody does a damn thing but gutblow and pointwhore, it's near impossible to win the game by artifacts.. it's bland, it uses no textures, it's dark, it's ugly, and pretty much represents what a map maker would do to sit back and laugh at people who attempt to play XMP in the way LE released it and designed it to be played, as in: team and class based. It's just plain horrible. Not as a map, but as a map released with something that's trying to "help" xmp. It's helping kill XMP and turn it into deathmatch and nothing more..

But whatever, nobody gives a flying f*** about the original XMP anymore. Go, pointwhore and play your asspoundingly terrible powerstruggle and 2K4 Team Deathmatch maps. GL HF.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
Dunno really if we'll be doing what my avatar suggests ne more. Being that in cxp2 we'll have quite a bit to deal with already. Also - Mantik - ur opinion is nice, but a bit...how do u say.... maniacal? Ne how Duality is going to be "Revamped" so to speak.....combining it with a previous map and it will bet set up as it was supposed to.

And yes - da_gay ur opinion doesn't count.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
My opinion is maniacal to you. That's your opinion. And I have the opinion that I don't care about your opinion considering you asked people for their opinions and I gave it. Don't want the truth, don't ask for opinions. I'm not going to sit here and suck the cxp's proverbial cock and tell them the entire thing the closest thing to perfect I've ever seen out of a game. You're going to get my opinion, whether it's good and it makes you happy or whether it makes you entertain thoughts of suicide at night since I bashed it is not my concern. You have it. Use it if you want, ignore it if you want. Maniacal? No sir. Honest? Yes sir. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Gay's opinion counts whether you think he's a halfwit or not, he still plays this game. Whether you choose to listen to him is your own thing, but he still has the right to speak up and offer his opinion.

XMP Community = DeathMatching Elitists?

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
Gay's opinion doesn't count because we choose not to count it. Oh and btw - honest can be maniacal: If honesty is what you tell then maniacal is the manner of which u tell that honesty. Besides - there is both a negative and positive side to doing something, and we have seen the negative from u and others. Therefore I thank you personally for your opinion (I am not joking or being sarcastic either).

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Mantik, is your opinion referring to the original Artidozenraptors released much earlier by phalanx himself? Or the cXp-saved-the-day version with the new hud, new radar, new textures, and new arena? Or both?

In any case, is there anything more we can do to save the map instead of killing it? And by anything, I do mean anything. More cover for the players? More deploy points? You name it, we'll consider it. If I'm convinced, I'll give phalanx a hard time until he updates it again :p

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
No amount of retexturing, remodeling, or anything can save artidozenraptors. It is a map made simply for the purpose of creating a gutblow/DM fest that has nothing to do with the XMP game that most of us like to play. The result is often a 30-45 minute "game" that ends up catering to the gut-blow whores (re: map creator), and by the time it finishes people are so drained either from getting their fill of kills or suffering the mental anguish of actually playing the map, that the server empties.

As long as this is the maps continues to be what it is, it will continue to be reviled.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Is the fact that I couldn't find any populated servers running cxp maps last night a criticism of those maps? I may just have to wander around a few this afternoon offline to check them out.

.sl0w.

Fleury14 said:
No amount of retexturing, remodeling, or anything can save artidozenraptors. It is a map made simply for the purpose of creating a gutblow/DM fest that has nothing to do with the XMP game that most of us like to play. The result is often a 30-45 minute "game" that ends up catering to the gut-blow whores (re: map creator), and by the time it finishes people are so drained either from getting their fill of kills or suffering the mental anguish of actually playing the map, that the server empties.

As long as this is the maps continues to be what it is, it will continue to be reviled.

so true...i couldnt explain it better.

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
Just in case u forgot we = mappers, we can do w/e the heck we want with a map, so don't mistake urself on that count.

dA_gay

Banned
Jul 4, 2004
[BBF]Mantik said:
My opinion is maniacal to you. That's your opinion. And I have the opinion that I don't care about your opinion considering you asked people for their opinions and I gave it. Don't want the truth, don't ask for opinions. I'm not going to sit here and suck the cxp's proverbial cock and tell them the entire thing the closest thing to perfect I've ever seen out of a game. You're going to get my opinion, whether it's good and it makes you happy or whether it makes you entertain thoughts of suicide at night since I bashed it is not my concern. You have it. Use it if you want, ignore it if you want. Maniacal? No sir. Honest? Yes sir. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Gay's opinion counts whether you think he's a halfwit or not, he still plays this game. Whether you choose to listen to him is your own thing, but he still has the right to speak up and offer his opinion.

XMP Community = DeathMatching Elitists?

Well thank you Mantik, I appreciate that. Some people think that just because I tk, I must not like XMP. But rather it's just the opposite.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
Dead_Metal said:
Just in case u forgot we = mappers, we can do w/e the heck we want with a map, so don't mistake urself on that count.

that's true.

but maps should be liked by the community they are ment for too and not only the mapper himself.

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Dead_Metal said:

this has to be one of the dumbest quotes ever....
sorry to say this, but if you do this so called "what ever you want" when will people besides your self ever play it?

as a mapper i must agree that a certain amount of deff-ness towards some wankers is not unheared of, but if the majority sais its not good you go to wonder about what the hell you did with it.....

i cant say that i tried the pack its self, nor do i intent to, this post is not in anyway directed at the maps in the pack, just thought id give you my opinion on your reaction towards some of the more constructive feedback replies.

just my 2 cents

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
mantik take a chill pill
your coming off as a pissed off prick and thats no good

if u doing like it offer help to make whats there work insted of just bitching about it

and the arti dozen map dosn bother me its just another larger ver of mechIII with raps IMHO nothing big could be better but im not gonna bitch about any of the map becouse i cant do anybetter

oh one note deathvaly needs work on all the spots that its easy to get stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.