Sounds in UT2003 and UT2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OrionCo30

Nov 8, 2001
Visit site
I am not happy with the way ambiant sounds work in UnrealEd3. The way that the sound radius really specifies a much larger sphere and the way the sound attenuates (or not) with distance makes it very difficult to limit the ambiant sounds to the places I want them to be heard. I have tried to "blanket" the regions where I want the sound to be with many, strategically placed ambiant sound actors. The sounds work fine when I first enter the map, but then, as soon as I start moving, the sound level rapidly goes down to about a quarter of its initial level. :mad: Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a way to avoid these problems, like some scaling factor or some new sound emitting actor I don't know about yet? :(

Fordy

Jul 10, 2001
York, UK
www.planetunreal.com
Theres a bug in the Ed (Oh really, I hear u say, only the 1 ?) Ambient sounds appear much louder in the Ed than ingame which makes the whole thing a lot of trial and error imo.