UT 2k3/2k4 RainbowSix mute would like some testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Hi Triarii! Did you read the README file? It explains the basic setup, and no this version does not support UT2k3. For starters just try out the YARM Weapons mutator, or the YARM SP Weapons mutator. You can configure multiple options by using the configure mutators button in the menu.

Here are some videos of the test parkour movements: Pipe Climbing and Zipline, Ledge Climb and Wall Run, Trapeze Swinging and Skill Roll

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Hi Corporal_Lib[BR] and Kyle, I'm aiming to release something by next weekend (to include the adjusted M4 w/ sight, I'll try out the Micro CCO). I've got about half of the Parkour moves completely network compatible now (and know enough to make the others work as well), it actually turned out to be easier than I expected. I have not done much with the bow & arrow, but I did give the SP sniper rifle its own model now (leaves behind a smoke trace to prevent camping + added the scope wobble), the pistol's skin is done, and I've started the SP assault rifle (will be the "predecessor" to the UT2k4 assault rifle but with a laser sight when aimed and at least for now no grenade launcher).

I'm still kicking around SP ideas, which still kind of tough since I have not nailed down the gameplay yet (trying to make it a little more interesting than just shooting baddies, I also want to toss in some puzzle elements). As for the firefights, I need to figure out how to make them intense even with just a couple of baddies and pistols. If I can somehow make a pistol shoot with some of the enemy AI in a tight storefront (like a small grocery store) intense then I think I will have succeeded. Anyways, the mountains are calling (and it would be a crime not to go hiking with weather like we've got her now), so I may not get to this for a few days.

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Sorry, been busy hiking a lot (our super good weather has finally arrived) and started work on my own lightweight single wall tent for a planned backpack trip in September.

I did manage to work on YARM a little bit last weekend (fixing some weapons skins, Mk9 pistol animations, minor code issues etc.) I still have a really annoying Parkour replication issue that I have not decided quite how to handle yet, that is sort of holding up the next release. Maybe I can kick something out this weekend.

[EDIT] Ok, I've got the M4 model adjusted so that the AimPoint is much further forward on the upper receiver, I'll post a screenshot tomorrow. I personally preferred the older setup so I kept that model, but the adjusted one can be used by setting the "Use Classic Model" option to true in the Weapon configuration screen.

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Well I actually do like the less tunneled Aimpoint view more, so that will be the default M4 model.

No more breakthroughs on the Mirror's Edge code (as far as network compatibility). I've been fixing some other network issues with the other game stuff like the SP Enemy mutator (stupid humanoid enemies won't play their normal movement animations). Also updated the parachute so that it now plays a 'deploy' and 'collapse' animation (which is network compatible so far).

My normal development comp will be unavailable to me for a while in the near future, so I will release what ever I have ready by this next Saturday (I don't think the ME stuff will be complete yet).

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Niiiice, my weekend will be full of surprises (hope none would be a PICKLE SURPRISE!!! lol)
So, are you going to borrow your comp??? Or are you going to a long range trip and will be AWOL for some time?

We accept the ME unfinished and we promisse to be forgivefull bout the unpolished code, as long as it´s still fun ;D

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Looking good.

I'm having serious computer issues myself. It may be a worm. Somehow it got past Kaspersky, so I then installed Spybot Seek and Destroy, ran it, it found a bunch of crap that Kaspersky missed, and I had Spybot address the issues.

Last night, I ran a Eraser program to erase with 1 pass any unused space on the HD, just in case it would help "wipe out" the virus.

I had 10 GB on my HD.

This morning when I woke up, only 2.26 GB! From my online searches, it looks like the worm's doing SOMETHING to my HD.

Any suggestions, since whatever it is, neither Spybot nor Kaspersky got it?

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Trojan-Downloader found, need advice RE lost memory

This is an update to the above post. I respect your know how, so your advice is highly regarded.

I ended up uninstalling UT2004 because I know that Kaspersky operates best with memory, and I wanted to ensure that it had enough, so the uninstallation raised it from 2.5 GB to 12.5 GB. That should be enough (I hope!).

I updated Kaspersky, and I'm currently still running a Full Scan. It already detected and then deleted a Trojan-Downloader. The info link Kaspersky supplied me took me to this article:
http://www.securelist.com/en/descriptions/Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.eipt

Notice that it says that the Trojan is affiliated with Bejeweled. Well, guess what? We've had v. 1.85 of that game installed on our system for years, and the last time it was played was in early 2007!!! Anyway, I've uninstalled it, and then erased any files left in the directory.

As I said, Kaspersky's scan is still running, and I have to leave to a ton of work today, but I'm left with a nagging question:
will I have to do anything to "restore" the 7.5+ GB of memory that I lost last night, or will that memory be "reclaimed" after rebooting the computer once Kaspersky's done, or...?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
All set now...

I'm all set folks in regards to the Trojan infections.

After they were removed by Kaspersky/Spybot, and it took several scans to see anything substantial, the memory loss stopped, and then, very slowly, began to restore itself after restarting. I'm up to 19.1 GB.

Now I have to reinstall UT2004 all over again. :(

But at least my current crisis looks rectified. :D

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
I've been reluctant to release an update since I keep getting to chip away at little features that I had been meaning to fix. I've tweaked a few of the hit effects (the snow, and glass hit effects have been improved), as well as fixing some underlying code bugs. I've also added a few more melee animations for the SP enemies. I was also able to get the parkour code to work just about perfectly now on client machines, though I do not have all of the required animations complete.

Here is a screenshot of the other Assault Rifle that is part of the SP portion:

Since the next content "stuff" is modeling/skinning/animating another rocket launcher, I will probably kick this release out soon (the Mk7AR needed to be finished before this release...).

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Niiiice modeling, meow, this new rifle reminds the M40A1 of the Predator movies (and games) quite an addition, we´re aching to put our hans on these new toys lol ohhh and those mirror edge themed maps too =D
Oh BTW, does it has a ANPEQ2 lookalike at the right rail? It could feature a working laser pointer, just for the kicks ;D

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Yeah, the laser does work (currently it turns on when you aim down the sights). The bots will also turn on their laser when they have an enemy and the enemy is within about 1500 UUs of their location.

I'm not sure if I will release the ME test map right away. It is pretty "slap-dash" as it is only for testing the moves and all of the custom static meshes. What I will probably do is get this release out and then upload the updated version of the GE Complex map (decked out with the custom static meshes).

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
New YARM version posted (Sept 1 2010)

Ok, new version posted here. Unfortunately I did not get to everyone's wish list (new footstep sounds, colliding shell casings, improved Compound bow), and I forgot some (hiding that silly "guard" icon with SP enemies) but I did make some improvements.

1. The Parkour code is mostly network compatible right now (though there are a few rare cases where crashes can occur, though I can't seem to repeat them). I will be fixing all of the animations in the next release.
2. Finished the weapon models for the SP Mk9 magnum pistol Mk7 AR, and Mk4 sniper AMR (which also has scope wobble/breathing feature now).
3. The parachute now has a simple deploy and collapse animation
4. Adjusted location of Aimpoint sight on the M4a1 model
5. Adjusted the default, metal, dirt, and snow bullet hit effects
6. Some other code optimizations.

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Got it, although it may be some time before I even have a chance to try it out. I have to reinstall UT2004 due to the Trojan-issue, get everything setup for school, and then there's the college work.

But when all of that's "under control" I'll be giving it another whirl.