CTF-Muse

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MortalPlague

Mighty Pirate
Oct 27, 2002
Canada
Long ago, artists flocked to this spot, renowned for its natural geysers which produced smoke, a mild hallucinogen and inspiration to them all. Soon, the temple was built overtop. Now, amid the musing smoke which shrouds the structure, combatants fight to steal the flag.

Download here

It's been a long time in the making, mostly due to me losing interest in the map and coming back. It's not the best visual map, but I think the gameplay is pretty decent. Straightforward and defensively oriented. Tough caps... have a blast making them. :D

Musing.jpg

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I kinda like the map. It's very big and still gives me good fps.
Good flow and the bot-support is good, except they don't take the shield.
I think this could be a fun map to play in a league.

Only drawback should be that it's to open which invites to spam.

MortalPlague

Mighty Pirate
Oct 27, 2002
Canada
My next project in this theme will be a little less open. It's tentatively named CTF-Albicant, and it will have plenty of custom meshes. ;)

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
I think this map is superb. Redeemer and 100 Shield placement are excellent. 4 ways in, 4 ways out (if you count the square hole just outside the base you could argue 5 in 5 out).

I'm adding this to FragBU... I might even make it the startup map, so we can get a good idea of real-world play on it.

MortalPlague

Mighty Pirate
Oct 27, 2002
Canada
Haha... good point, Hal, never even thought of that...

But I had enough trouble figuring out how to make a decent projector for one window... ;) :p

Thanks for the props, Webslinger! I'll have to check out FragBU sometime... :D

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
I'll definately download this, the flagroom (although looking simple in the screenshot) looks like it could have some well fun firefights in. And we all know gameplay comes first, visuals second, which is good to see :)

Fear the Beard

2 and counting...
Jun 10, 2000
Right over there.
Visit site
You've missed closing off some of your zones though, the zoneportal is there, but not large enough...

Also, you've forgotten to place a zoneportal in one spot (zone/portal view in the editor is your friend).

As it's late and I'm going to bed, you'll have to hunt for them your self ;)