Uh Oh....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
While this is off topic, it might be for a funny read. Today at lunch, someone asked me if you could have a HOLLOW POINT SHOTGUN SHELL. As far as my knowledge goes, you can't. But I just thought that was funny.

Oh, I have been reading some earlier posts, and what crashes with 2.7 where you talking about?

G

beerbaron, you certainly can have a hollowpoint shotgun round, although like Billdog mentioned it would be a slug. In fact, most shotgun slugs these days ARE hollowpoints although the depth of the cavity and style of slug will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

This is the Barnes Expander slug, similar to handgun hollowpoint bullets:

a03p04b,c.gif
a01c.gif

Here is a typical example of a sabot slug and a rifled slug. Note that the loaded shotshell on the right contains a hollowpoint slug while the slug next to the shell is simply "ball":

f02p02c.gif

Rifled slugs generally depend on mass rather than expansion to knock down game (humans included), while sabot slugs which tend to break apart in tissue:

image06.jpg

Remington's Copper Solid slugs perform similarily to the Barnes Expanders:

Cprsldbxbg.jpg

Prcssab.jpg
Prcsmsh.jpg

One last example of a rifled slug without a hollowpoint, Remington Sluggers:

Slgrbxbg.jpg

Slgrct.jpg

Don't ask me why the box says "Hollow Point Rifled Slug", that's the picture that went with the box. /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Hope this helps.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Striving for Excellence in Small Arms Data

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

[This message has been edited by Gryphon/JTF2 (edited 02-22-2000).]

G

beerbaron, you certainly can have a hollowpoint shotgun round, although like Billdog mentioned it would be a slug. In fact, most shotgun slugs these days ARE hollowpoints although the depth of the cavity and style of slug will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

This is the Barnes Expander slug, similar to handgun hollowpoint bullets:

a03p04b,c.gif
a01c.gif

Here is a typical example of a sabot slug and a rifled slug. Note that the loaded shotshell on the right contains a hollowpoint slug while the slug next to the shell is simply "ball":

f02p02c.gif

Rifled slugs generally depend on mass rather than expansion to knock down game (humans included), while sabot slugs which tend to break apart in tissue:

image06.jpg

Remington's Copper Solid slugs perform similarily to the Barnes Expanders:

Cprsldbxbg.jpg

Prcssab.jpg
Prcsmsh.jpg

One last example of a rifled slug without a hollowpoint, Remington Sluggers:

Slgrbxbg.jpg

Slgrct.jpg

Don't ask me why the box says "Hollow Point Rifled Slug", that's the picture that went with the box. /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Hope this helps.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Striving for Excellence in Small Arms Data

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

[This message has been edited by Gryphon/JTF2 (edited 02-22-2000).]