Why cant I copy This CD????????????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daven

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I thought you were allowed to make a backup copy of an existing CD?? I have a terminal at the office and wanted to leave a copy there but when I try to burn it I get an error message "CDrom cant read file"??
Is this game encoded? I heard of a software site that has a way you can get around the anti copy deal is it true?? I think your allowed to archieve a copy as long as it stays in your possesion???
Can anyone help??

IceStorm

Nov 24, 1999
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/ubb/html/Forum3/HTML/000138.html

Read that thread.

You've go two options:

1) Get the gear to copy the disc properly.

2) Use a cheesy crack that will probably be rendered useless by the first patch to the game.

I chose option 1. And yes, I've successfully used the backup UT disc I created. Read that thread for the details on how - page three, I believe.

[This message has been edited by IceStorm (edited 12-03-1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.