Win2000

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cm

Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
UT plays great in D3D in win98. But when playing in 2000 the game is really choppy. It seems to be accessing the harddrive more than it should, especially since I have 128mb of ram. Anyone have any suggestions.

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
cm, make sure you have set the amount of virtual memory to about 250 MBs. Windows is kinda crappy when it comes to managing memory swapping. Set the UT cache to 64 MB as well (open the console in UT and type "preferences" or edit UnrealTournament.ini).

bullet2.gif

disgust.gif
Don't make me kick your bud...

dex

I play the game in OpenGL mode, but I've also noticed that W2000 likes to cache the hell out of this game. I have 2 different swap files set up at 256MB each, and after I play an hour or so the drive starts to crank away and get bogged down. Restarting the game puts performance back to normal, but that's a pain.
I posted a question about this problem in this group under "W2000 Caching Questions", but so far no one has a solution. My theory is that W2000 is just a resource hog, and it's going to use whatever it has to the max. Adding more RAM might help with W2000, and I think I might invest in another 128MB. Please let me know if you fix this problem.