Shootmania?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Lamest name in the world, but it's supposed to be all about custom maps and stuff. Coming later this year.

http://www.shootmania.com/#

[M]http://youtu.be/oVUFv8QwmUY[/M]

This video looks like Instagib ONS with out vehicles, but you can make your own game modes, maps, pretty much everything.

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Definitely looks like it could have potential. But instagib? I know saw one instance where somebody took two shots to die, maybe saw it twice, the rest looked like one hit kill. I don't know how I feel about that when it looks that spammy. I guess it really depends on the spawn times/player count/weapon. Might get old kinda fast.

Anyone have an idea what the game engine is?

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Custom built engine. Looks like the game rules were a team-tag / take and hold hybrid to me. The whole point of Shootmania is customisation and player generated content, this isn't the only way to play.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It looks fine. I'm surprised it wasn't done before, the technology and concept is very simple.

Take projectile Instagib from UT with FarCry 2 editor I guess?

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
So this is a really complex game, there's a total of two buttons that do everything. One is shoot, the other is jump, which you can hold down to move faster after you jump. Shooting is super slow. Both the rate of fire and speed increase thing have charge meters that have to fill up again once you use them. Some parts of level let you zoom in like a sniper if you stand on them. There is no obvious clue on which platforms do this. The best part is that if you happen to stand on one you zoom in instead of jump.

Overall it's like the intensity of Halo, but more retarded. It's strangely fun to play though. I think I'm just miss playing a real FPS game.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
So if you're running from/at the enemy and try to jump, oops nope, you zoom

Yup. There's also obvious unprotected spawn locations so people are already just standing behind them and camping. It's more of a creation toy than a real game. Every level I played I got stuck in inescapable holes.