Light quality

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Coolos

Sep 9, 2004
Hello everybody.
I have a big problem with light (and then shadows) on unreal runtime.
When i create a simple brush cube and a light in unreal editor, i calculate the simulation and wow, it is wonderfull. I have nice soft shadows on my brush.

Now, i do the same thing in unreal runtime and glups, it's horrible, i have really bad shadows on my walls.

Please, explain me why and how to have nice shadows on unreal Runtime !! :hmm:

Coolos

Sep 9, 2004

Here is a screenshot of what i have in runtime :/
walls.jpg

Please, HELP ME :'( :'( :'(

StardogChampion

Dec 18, 2003
Make sure the texture on the walls has some "texture" to it, if you get what I mean. The lighting won't light a plain white texture properly.

Or maybe the walls lightmap is too high. Select the walls then right click-surface properties-pan/rot/scale-Light Map (change this to 1 then Build All to see if it changes anything)

You could also go to Build - Build Options - change Lighting from DXT1 to RGB8.

I don't recommend using these settings though, just change them to see if it helps.

Coolos

Sep 9, 2004
Thanks a lot

Hi, thanks a lot.
The answer was the lightmap resolution.
Sincerly thankx.

Last edited: