The Word on Halo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SINNER~KILLJOY

GAMMING GOD
Mar 12, 2003
Honolulu,Hi
Visit site
If you get a chance to check it out do it. I just got the game today......it's not that bad......love driving the warthog around and the sniper rifle is king.
More when I know more.
SINNER~KILLJOY :lol:

SINNER~KILLJOY

GAMMING GOD
Mar 12, 2003
Honolulu,Hi
Visit site
Gui said:
Cool :)

When UT2K4 will be out, you'll just have to tell us if yes or no it's a rip off :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea no kidding. From the screens I have seen so for that's what it looks like. Yes halo is fun and worth it.The multi-player code by the way is awsome. Gezz me here in hawaii and I'm playing on servers with a 30 ping and 16 players and no lag even driving around in the wart-hog with 2 other players and playing CTF.
So far the best map is Blood-Gultch.Just great CTF action.
The single player is great too.
But yes Gui I think Epic is trying a fast-one with UT2K4.They have there version of Wart-Hogs and Banshee's and other vehicles very much like the ones in Halo.But I wonder will they be able to pull off the good net-work code. Gezz playing Halo online is like playing the single player game no lag.The game also looks great.
Well I'm off to war....I better keep my head down.
SINNER~KILLJOY :instagib:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Cool! I was wondering if Halo was any good and I've been waiting for it forever (i.e. - Duke Nukem, hehe). Good to hear it's a good game. I probably won't get it for a few more weeks.

I just bought Daikatana this weekend for $3. :D Well, that's all it's worth right?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, now that the patch fixes the save gems stupid thing and I can save as often as possible, I decided to get the game. Besides, it's worth about 3 bucks now. ;)

SINNER~KILLJOY

GAMMING GOD
Mar 12, 2003
Honolulu,Hi
Visit site
A few screens to wet your whistle

Here are a few screens of the map Death Island. Tanks and other good stuff.

Attachments

• Halo1.jpg
    Halo1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Halo2.jpg
    Halo2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Halo3.jpg
    Halo3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 43

de_void

Quaker Extreme
Oct 9, 2003
Australia
Visit site
What do the vehicles handle/feel like in Halo?

What I am worried about with UT2004, is that the handling/feel will not be the best, I mean it will surely do the job, but i think it won't be ideal. I tried a couple of vehicles in Conquest Marines, while the Tank thing was a blast, the other one, I think it was a hover bike type thing, well, it wasn't to good IMO. And from watching the UT2004 Gameplay vid, and the Official trailer, I got that same feeling from seeing some of the vehicles in action. Which would be a shame, but I guess they'll do the job even if they are less than ideal.

SINNER~KILLJOY

GAMMING GOD
Mar 12, 2003
Honolulu,Hi
Visit site
de_void said:
What do the vehicles handle/feel like in Halo?

What I am worried about with UT2004, is that the handling/feel will not be the best, I mean it will surely do the job, but i think it won't be ideal. I tried a couple of vehicles in Conquest Marines, while the Tank thing was a blast, the other one, I think it was a hover bike type thing, well, it wasn't to good IMO. And from watching the UT2004 Gameplay vid, and the Official trailer, I got that same feeling from seeing some of the vehicles in action. Which would be a shame, but I guess they'll do the job even if they are less than ideal.
I think the vehicles handle great in Halo. The WartHogs drive great and has good control also you can take along a gunner to man the chain gun or rocket pods.The Ghost is a small like hover craft with a front mount twin lasers but is kind of hard to control over steep land masses.
The Scorpion tank is an all out blast it drives slow but it packs a big punch with the cannon and also has a machine gun mounted too.Its great for taking out attacking warthogs.
The best craft is the high flying very fast and maneuverable Banshee.You can fly this thing anywhere you want it also has twin mount front plasma cannons and fuel rod weapons. With practice you can have great dog fights with this puppy.Also with some skill and practice you will learn how to hover above ground targets or give your teams ground force air cover.In some of the large CTF maps I use the Banshee to grab the other teams flag and fly off with it.The banshee is very fast and hard to hit from the ground and it can turn in very tight places."The sound it makes when turning tight is great also"
I think the vehicles in halo are great.I too am worried about them in ut2k4.From what I have seen of them they look like a joke.Also I hope the network code is better in UT2K4 than in UT2K3.In halo if someone joins the game you don't get any lag or a hick-up like you do in UT2K3.All you see is on your screen is welcome PLAYERNAME.I really hope they work on there network code for UT2K4.That is one thing that really bothers me about UT2K3.I don't play much on line because of it and when I do it's usally in very small games with low player counts.Not like in Halo where I'm playing always on-line with usally 15 other players and no lag.
It's Great Stuff,

de_void

Quaker Extreme
Oct 9, 2003
Australia
Visit site
Things sound good for Halo, I will surely have to go out and get it. I am hearing good reports, some bad, but the good are certainly outwaying the bad.
Yes, I imagine that dogfighting would be much fun. In one of the UT2004 vids (the gsi gameplay one I think) you could see a little dogfighting, and I remember thinking how great that could be. I haven't really played any FPS's that included vehicles, but can see the the addition of them (if done right) could add so much to the game. UT2004 Network code improvements, here's hoping.

lophead

I just played the halo demo (mainly for kicks as I have it on xbox) and I have to say I found it quite bad.

I don't understand how the graphics for the pc version can be *heaps* worse than the xbox (and I had everything at its highest details). The textures are blurred and ugly.

I found the online games to be severely laggy and not all that much fun.

I really liked halo on the xbox, but I really can't stand playing it on the pc. It really is a terrible port IMO of what I can see from the demo.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
see what happens when something is released on console first. :D

Just sent this link to myself at home:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp

I'll try the demo out tonight or tomorrow night!

...Oops, I started to install it and it requires DX9.0b and I'm not installing DX9 on this system unless I have to. Looks like Halo Demo will have to wait about 4 months when I get my new second system.

Last edited: