How do I change resolution?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

marctre

Feb 2, 2001
CT
Visit site
I recently purchased an Elsa Gladiac Geoforce GTS video card upgrading my Voodoo2. I purchased this with the sole purpose of playing UT in a better resolution. I, unfortunately cannot increase my resolution to anything higher then the 1024x768 I already had. Could someone please tell me how to increase this setting.

Crager

Ahh...just a player here
Apr 30, 2000
NY
www.teamimmortal.org
When you right click on the desktop in windows and select properties than settings, what value can you select for screen size?

What size monitor do you have?

marctre

Feb 2, 2001
CT
Visit site
I have a 17" monitor it allows me to only go to 1024x768. I was curious if the monitor had anything to do with it. If it does it is going to coast me $500 + to play UT in better resolution.

{SOA}_=X=_Dra'gon

Masterful
Feb 1, 2001
CA, USA
Visit site
Damn...how much more resolution do you need than 1024x768. I also have a 17" monitor and I'm only running it at 960x720 and I'm 3 feet from my monitor. If your monitor only supports up to the 1024x768 then thats all you get. Make sure your using a current driver for it. If you have the wrong one then thats your problem. I know thats the case with mine. I think also that if you reduce your refresh rate you can then increase your res? Let me know

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
It's your monitor.

Have a look in the manual and see if you can find any specifications on what rez it can handle. With a bit of luck, you may only need to change the driver. What brand/model monitor is it and what device driver is windows using for it? Er, you are running Windows aren't you?