UT3 is pretty awful

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
In the past, I said myself, that UT3 is "awful", but now I know, that I was very wrong. How can I judge about something, when I didn't do it myself yet? Constructive criticism, that's much better than any other bull****! ;)

Last edited:

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
does anybody even moderate these boards cuz this went off topic from the 2nd post lol.

"are they still eating paper? no paper shortage"

ZotSindi

Jan 6, 2011
Just my feelings regarding this overrated game:
1. Menu REALLY sux, even with Titan pack
2. Titan pack sux; very little content compared to the ECE & MBP
3. If Ut2004 had UT3 grade sound effects & GFX, it would utterly OWN UT3/no one would play UT3
4. You feel overweight in the game - compare UT3's jumping to 2k4's (all the characters are fat looking too, with an excessive amount of "armor")
5. It's like a dumbed down remake of UT99 with elements of UC2 (look at the character & weapon selection and you'll understand)
6. Characters look like they belong in Gears of War (eg: Reaper, the Krall)
7. Character selection REALLY sux (ut99 & ut2k4 had a much larger selection)
8. No Assault mode!

The only good points of UT3:
1. The music was way awesome! (The best of the Unreal series)
2. Graphics were good
3. Vehicles were more useful
4. Necris vehicles
5. Sound effects were way better than UT2K4's
6. Character customization

ROFL, that seriously made me laugh. They went insanely overboard with the armor on characters, they DO look sort of fat. Some look like they have potbellies :lol:

Actually I think they went nuts with the designs in general, way too much flash and glitter not enough anything else, but that's a complaint I have for almost every single game that's come out in recent years.

100000000x agree with the menu aswell.

Last edited:

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
...because is from UC2. Whole mesh animation system is from UC2 (...and UC2 took from U2), but i agrre with UBerserker - they do amazing job with weapons.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
War/atomiccow are kinda fat. So whenever they jumped around the map it should have quaked properly. But it didn't. Epic has betrayed us.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Yep. Your wonderfully over-glorified opinion strikes again. Have fun bitching about it! Complaining about UT3 doesn't accomplish anything and wastes your time. Give it a rest.