UT: Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack [DEV THREAD V2]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
I apologize if you guys already have this, but I may have stumbled upon .max versions of some of the PS2 characters. When I tried to import the skaarj boss with my 3ds Max 2009, I got a message saying that I needed an older version. However, the skaarj's model is definitely visible in my upper left viewport, although it can't can be edited.

It should save you guys some time (again, if you don't have this already).

http://rapidshare.com/files/403275365/UTPS2_Models_Max.zip.html

http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/polycount/tools/ut/UTPS2_Models_Max.zip

I'll have to check my browsing history to see where I first found the fileplanet link.

Last edited:

deuxsonic

Jun 1, 2010
Here is the list of maps that DC/PS2 have that don't exist in the other versions:

CTF-Phalanx
CTF-Sepulchre
CTF-Spirito
CTF-Stormfront
CTF-Sundial
DM-Babylon
DM-BlockParty
DM-Brickyard
DM-CanyonFear
DM-Coagulate
DM-ColdSteelPressure
DM-Core
DM-Damnation
DM-Depot
DM-Dust
DM-Flux
DM-GearBox
DM-Girder
DM-Google
DM-Halberd
DM-Hood
DM-Industrial
DM-Infernal
DM-Instinct
DM-Loathing
DM-Megaplex
DM-Nebula
DM-NeoTokyo
DM-Outskirts
DM-Paladin
DM-Pantheon
DM-Sector9
DM-Singularity
DM-Sorayama
DM-StationControl
DM-Underlord
DOM-Coagulate
DOM-Hood
DOM-Osiris

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
Works!

I apologize if you guys already have this, but I may have stumbled upon .max versions of some of the PS2 characters. When I tried to import the skaarj boss with my 3ds Max 2009, I got a message saying that I needed an older version. However, the skaarj's model is definitely visible in my upper left viewport, although it can't be edited.

It should save you guys some time (again, if you don't have this already).

:eek: Ooh! These are for real!! :D
Some textures are missing though.

Attachments

• kane.png
    kane.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 54

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
The renders will come in handy. I'll get someone to work on this. DC&PS2 content will of course be included - the ladders require it, besides, the plan was to include them and this plan will be executed.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
Well if you like spikes!!

Hey, Delacroix, we need a todo-project-map, with gauges!

Enjoy:

Attachments

• com.jpg
    com.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 61

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah those.
The small talktexture on the top is Damien's one obviously. The detailed ones of Malcolm and Kragoth were used in the Character select screen, so you can ignore those.

Also wtf to the ISV skin.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Man I so much want now those two bosses. If you want additional info... Damien uses the Male2 voice, while Dominator simply does the three Skaarj Hybrids roam taunts.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Those are probably the PS2 Warmachine models that are already available for the PC version.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
It's just the place where I found the other PS2 models. I might try to animate Dominator myself.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Dominator had pretty much the animations of the Skaarj Hybrid, I think.

EDIT: You mean you've actually found the boss models somewhere else? I remember a person managing to extract them from the PS2 disc a long time ago.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant that the polycount archive is where I found the fileplanet link with the zip that had the partially animated models. Did the person that extracted the files say what program he/she used, by any chance?

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Did anyone ever find where the models are supposed to be located on the PS2 disc? The two umd files only contain maps and the textures for the non-ps2 models. :hmm:

I'm wondering if the PS2ConvertCommandlet was even used at all for the PS2 version. I used the commandlet on the PC version of DM-Tutorial, and the file was very different compared to its lin counterpart. It remained a Unr file, but UT can't open it properly. It's also much smaller.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
OK, guys, it's time for an update. Currently w/o pics, but pics will be delivered in ca. 6 hours after I'm back from town.

This update is...

RoninMastaFX has succeeded in porting 3 out of 4 environments from the Unreal S3 Savage 3D build to UT. These are: the Egyptian level, the Control Room level and the Savage Streets level. His next stop is the Gallery map which he will make from scratch based on my blueprint. The reason is that the current S3Gallery map is just a corridor with half the pictures that it is supposed to contain and does not feel like a real museum, so I prepared a nicely done blueprint for RMFX to refer to and he said: I'll do it.

Thing is, the textures are NOT DXT-compressed, so if anyone knows how exactly step-by-step import textures into DXT-compressed aka S3TC format, please post here. The non-DXT-compressed textures create a huge burden for older computers and that is a real issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.