Are there still people playing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oC|Lippen

oC|Lippen
May 30, 2004
What the topic says.

Been trolling to find out, but I'm still not sure if there's any action in xmp these days :)

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
Im Wondering... why did XMP Got abandoned.

I mean the game is really good why is unreal 2 XMP not as popular anymore

when it was when it first came out ?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
No but it is rather hard to people to come by, they think Unreal 2 is needed for play etc...and then the master servers issues...anyway a lot people were playing recently, but now nobody shows up on wednesday days it seems or I am too late...I am busy with other stuff but I can play once here and now etc..

Mar 6, 2004
Im Wondering... why did XMP Got abandoned.

I mean the game is really good why is unreal 2 XMP not as popular anymore

when it was when it first came out ?

Atari being stupid.

new players getting owned, instead of getting help...people go out of their way to own someone new to the game to make their ego better.

The retards of the game.

The game fell slowly, you barely get 5 players.

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
What is the difference between the Community edition xmp

VS the standard original xmp ?

is the community edition better or are both of them like the same ?

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
The community edition has the patch applied, includes some of the bonus maps that weren't in the original but are pretty standard now, and no longer requires a U2 CD to install.

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
For some reason the are 3 xmp servers that i cannot connect to

There names are:

BBF

Survivor u2xmp

Survivor 2 u2xmp

When i try to connect to all 3 of the servers it sais connecting but i gets stuck on it.

And when i opened my favoret tab i see that all 3 servers have a very strange ping.

The ping that all 3 servers have is 9999. It looks like the servers are not active but

Just be sure can anyone else can connect to the 3 servers above?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Create a new shortcut to Unreal II XMP, and add -server at the end of the Target in its properties. Though you will also need to change your MyU2XMP.ini [IPDrv.MasterServerLink] lines:
Code:
MasterServerPort[0]=27900
MasterServerAddress[0]=ms.aybab2u.com
And that will render your normal game unable to view the Master server. So, I have downloaded the u2xmp_dedicated_7710 package, copied U2XMP.exe to the System folder there and host from there.

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
ok i installed the u2xmp_dedicated_7710 package Program and it gave me some kind of

a xmp utility on the bottem right of my windows bar i notice that i have all kinds or

server options how do i make a server and cause it to be active so other players can

join in the game ? how do i use this utility ?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
are there still people?

(requesting changing name of a thread to the new one)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
You're already using it :p That icon is your server, and it runs unattended. If you opened your regular U2XMP client, clicked on the LAN tab, you'd see your server there.
You probably also need to forward your ports. Go here:
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
Find your router, and follow the instructions for UT2004.
And make sure you have those MasterServerPort things configured in your dedicated server package.

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
TY So much For help again GreatEmerald

only 3 last questions :

1 - how do i move my server so that it will appear in the favorite folder where all of the

people can see it when they comes online ?

2 - and how can i add my server to the master server list so people will see my server in there list ?

3 - I notice that when i play in my server it works ok but when i log off my server it just

shuts down is there anyway to keep my server open evan if im not playing on it ?