Looking for 3D modelers for an UT2003 mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tanis2000

Aug 19, 2003
tanis.hateseed.com
Hello everybody,

I'm currently looking for a few skilled 3D modelers able to create characters, weapons and items for a contemporary themed MOD.
The MOD has not yet got a name nor a web page. I have design notes for everybody interested and I'd be more than willing to post them if asked to.

The MOD is based on the UT2003 engine.
What's interesting of this MOD is that we're going to use real life maps or existing cities so that people will be able to play on places they've already been before.

Gameplay is going to be similar to CounterStrike with opposing teams made of characters with different skills and objectives to achieve.

The idea is to have at least a few maps based on a town and then ask for contribution of new real life maps from the community if this works.

Comments and complaints are also welcome.

You can get in touch with me through this forum or via e-mail at tanis@altralogica.it

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
There are already countless realism mods in the spirit of CounterStrike in the world, so why do we need another one? Does this mod have anything to offer that CS, TacOps, INF, (Just to name a few) don't already provide? If so, could it simply be added to the mod? There is nothing wrong with modding mods, and its a quicker way to get what you want in the game.

tanis2000

Aug 19, 2003
tanis.hateseed.com
FireSlash said:
There are already countless realism mods in the spirit of CounterStrike in the world, so why do we need another one? Does this mod have anything to offer that CS, TacOps, INF, (Just to name a few) don't already provide? If so, could it simply be added to the mod? There is nothing wrong with modding mods, and its a quicker way to get what you want in the game.

Maybe I've been too easy saying that it's similar to CounterStrike. I don't want to make a CounterStrike clone and I'm not going to have the same classes of characters and so on. It's just the general idea that's similar.
People have to choose among different kind of characters based on actual real life contemporary squads, like the police, a group of thieves and bribers, a special force squad, a group of geeks.

Each kind of squad has different characters and different abilities and some particoular weapons. They're going to be balanced but I cannot predict that before having the gameplay working and some people testing it.

Then there are objectives that range from destroying a guild of thieves to take control of a town, help shop owners defeat a gang and so on. And objectives are going to have some dynamic activity so that what a team does influences the actual objectives and changes them as time passes by.

I'm not getting into details because all this is in constant development and rethinking, but you're welcome to give hints and suggestions. I don't think a mod like this could surely be a looser. I've seen a lot of Battlefield 1942 clones but many are winners due to the way the same concepts have been implemented.
Please share your thoughts on this.

Zarimax

Mar 12, 2002
NH
fatalarts.unrealism.com
1) Write a detailed design document.
a) Come up with a working name for the Mod.
b) Decide on a theme and setting, (modern, historical, future, realism, etc).
c) Decide on a genre, (FPS, RTS, adventure, strategy, simulation, etc).
d) Determine a game objective or objectives, (destroy the enemy, rescue, points/high score, level, etc).
e) Create a finite feature set, (weapon types/descriptions, character abilities, multiplayer, etc).
f) Write it all down.​

2) Do 50% of the work. (More for realism mods, less for unique ideas).

3) Create a webpage.
a) What is your role in this Mod? What skills do you have? What do you bring to the table?
b) Post design document.
c) Show the work you have done so far.​

4) Return and ask for help.