"TOXIKK" The UT2004 clone

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Don't read the Youtube comments, they are fucking terrible. (Yes, there can be exceptions even for Youtube comment quality on some videos.)

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28oQvaL7Mg[/m]

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
when this 'rich' environment leads to mostly horizontal gameplay nothing of the popular '1999' sort (DmDeck16, Aerowalk, Q2DM1, Q3TEST1-2-3-4) it really misses the point as its arena shooter marketing gimmick.

So to me it's just an uninspired "from the creators of neocron we bring you UT3. IT'S OLDSCHOOL AND U LOVE IT BECAUSE OLD SCHOOL's"

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Between lack of mod support and gluefoot AI, this game could crash and burn pretty fast.

They even made sure to clarify "Bringing back the Arena shooter to its roots" so you know it "most likely won't" DOA within the first week. Anyone remembers Nexuiz?

So what's new in this game?

We'll have to see in the future. Most excitement seems to be around people who skipped fast paced shooters for the past 15 years.

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I agree with most of the comments here. Looks a bit generic and didn't particularly like the level design. Still, I'm curious how it'll turn out.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
no mod support?

this is NOT a UT reboot.
UT is not UT without mod support.

05. USER GENERATED CONTENT
All registered players can apply for a FREE SDK to build own maps, characters and skins etc. for TOXIKK. We will put up a web page as a central hub for user generated content on TOXIKK.com. Players may vote user-generated content to be made available through this hub. All content on this hub will be offered free of charge. The whole process will be handled through our forums.
... so, there is mod support.

Interesting fact: Most people on the forum comes from UT2k4, UT3, Warframe etc.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's UDK so there is kind of modding support. Whatever modding UDK supports (which is not much) like maps, and models basically. Just build it with identical UDK source and based on their page I'm guessing they will cook it for you or something.

It's also using a ton of slightly modified UT content. I'm not sure whether that is allowed by the UDK license or not. That flying ship is identical to a Raptor, it just has longer wings. That ground speeder is identical to a Viper but the body mold is slightly different.

To me it looks uniquely geared towards attracting people who were following UT and lost some features that they wanted. It's a freaking trailer, even UT3 looked good in trailers. They also have no dedicated servers. Likely to die.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine if they do well. I might even try it out. But the video doesn't give me much hope for it.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
Wasn't the term "mutator" something Unreal only had? It's clear where they got their inspiration from. This looks exactly like Unreal Tournament 3.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
The only parts of this that look decent are the background foliage/earthy bits. The rest looks completely unimaginative.

On the website if you click on 'maps' under 'the game' it lists 3 maps the screenshots for which showcase closeups of bland-as-hell player models and poorly modeled vehicles both with lots of right angles and and poorly conceptualized details. There is very little you can see of any actual map.

I admit that it looked like it could be pretty good while watching the trailer but when I view the website I more get the impression that I am the victim of a con job. This looks so terrible and alpha that the mere fact that there is a link to its steam page to buy the game is suspicious.

Cube which was entirely free to play/download/ectra and billed itself similarly looked better (considering when it was made).