Confirmed: no UT4 until 2020, maybe never.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Epic Games work on a franchise called "PROJECT NANO", they are now busy for the next 5 years,
so if after they decide to make a new UT it will not released before 2020/2021.

All info are here.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
This isn't confirmation of anything, and certainly doesn't mean a portent of doom for UT. Epic have six studios and are.more than capable of (and do) work on multiple titles simultaneously.

This looks like Nanostrike stuff from 2009. That trademark expired at the end of 2010, the Samaritan demo appeared a couple of months later, likely reusing assets the way Epic usually does.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
... and certainly doesn't mean a portent of doom for UT. Epic have six studios and are.more than capable of (and do) work on multiple titles simultaneously.
But they did say in their latest Q&A at last years PAX that their resources were spread too thin for another UT what with everything they're working on currently.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Yeah, well we can't blame them for wanting to move on I suppose. Our disappointment doesn't make them indebted to us for anything. I guess it might be the wrong time for a new UT; games currently seem to be moving away from the simplicity of an arena-style shooter.

I am interested and will certainly be watching the development. After all, Epic did give us some of our favorite games, right? Who's to say the days of great games from Epic are over? They have my attention and hope.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Like other's said link in OP does absolutely confirm nothing about the future releases of UT. It just tells that Epic had other projects besides current IP's.