Will This Change Your Mind About Bulletstorm PC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
GFWL bros. This doesn't make any sense to be true.

Can you imagine a game with GFWL, Steam, and some DRM on top? That would be atrocious. :lol:

Jim Sterling said:
Apparently somebody at EA screwed up somewhere and wrote down the wrong DRM on the company's product disclosure page

Somebody needs to get fired, apparently.

Brizz, fix your post. We (PC gamers) are already butt-hurt enough as is.

In the end, who take this kind of decisions? The publisher (EA) or the studio who developed the game (PCF/Epic)?

I'm curious to hear about this too. But I highly bet it's the publisher's decision.

Last edited:

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
People that actually pay for the damn thing get ****ty DRM, while the pirates don't even get it in the first place, cause they need it to be cracked and disabled to even play the damn thing.

Publishers, please take note: YOU ARE NOT STOPPING PIRACY, YOU ARE MAKING IT WORSE.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I've heard some bad things about GTA IV PC as well (Pirating the game was making it easier). As for Bulletstorm, I'll highly take the developers words for it.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
Hm...well regardless of the DRM, I'm skipping this one. Tried the demo on the PS3 and it's not impressive at all. Skillshots, which aren't a remedy for a bad game, are fun until they wear out and you can only have so much...

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
Bioshock2?
Start game on Steam. Authenticate key with activation prompt. Activate key on GFWL account. 30 min of GFWL updates later you get to play.

It was more like 6 hours later for me since at that time, the internet connection my laptop had in the middle of nowhere was abysmally slow. I literally managed to go to the woods, cut down two trees and chop them up for firewood in the time it took GFWL to update my game before I could even play it.

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I was hoping the mind-changing would be as a result of dropping GFWL. Maybe this is an attempt to seem not so lame by making it clear that at least they're not Ubisoft.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Sorry guys. Mark got back to me at about 1:00 Eastern letting me know this story was total bunk. I kind of figured it was, but that is why I contacted them.

So let it be known.

THERE WILL NOT BE A PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIREMENT FOR BULLETSTORM PC

If you can't read that, may god have mercy on your soul.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Sorry guys. Mark got back to me at about 1:00 Eastern letting me know this story was total bunk. I kind of figured it was, but that is why I contacted them.

So let it be known.

THERE WILL NOT BE A PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIREMENT FOR BULLETSTORM PC

If you can't read that, may god have mercy on your soul.

*sssht* not so loud, I was trying to sleep

and bulletstorm is still on my list (and still can't wait to play it)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
and bulletstorm is still on my list (and still can't wait to play it)

If you like getting creative, you will like it, the media impression of the game itself is really similar to the feeling you get when you play it. The main reason why it didn't work for some people, is because they didn't catch the "get creative" part: it's just not their thing.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
What? Whattya mean I gotta have a persistent internet connection to play BS? This is total BS!!!

Oh wait, maybe I should calm the f*ck down and actually read the OP.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Have not read that thread here at all so maybe someone has allready posted....(since 'Monday Night Combat' is my new religion time is rare :lol:)

"I can confirm that the only time you will need an Internet connection for bulletstorm will be on install and when playing mp - no worries :)"
- Tanya Jessen
http://twitter.com/tanyajessen/status/31817555991597056

In my opinion there is too much politics around Bulletstorm.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
"I can confirm that the only time you will need an Internet connection for bulletstorm will be on install and when playing mp - no worries :)"
- Tanya Jessen
http://twitter.com/tanyajessen/status/31817555991597056

Her again:
"@EddieMakuch well, I made the game and what I say is the truth ;). EA is working to ensure there's no more confusion about the topic :) "

ts, ts ,ts... such modesty! YOU made the game Tanya yeah :rolleyes: ...

Give insecure career women with inferiority complex a little power or control and watch them become the most arrogant pricks ...

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If you like getting creative, you will like it, the media impression of the game itself is really similar to the feeling you get when you play it. The main reason why it didn't work for some people, is because they didn't catch the "get creative" part: it's just not their thing.
Yeah, I think maybe if you go into the game expecting classic Half-Life/DOOM/Painkiller shoot-em-up you're going to find it lacking. It really does seem to be a FPS environment with the game more around exploring the actual killing combinations than it is about simply getting from point A to point B, and oh by-the-way you shoot stuff.