On the lookout for rare levels: Byzantium and Serp_SpaceCorn2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Now if only the early 96 "beta" leak of Unreal was found with such ease and without people who might have it but don't want to help/share or change their minds or disappear, or or. I even think I nailed down the possible filenames.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
You just can't stay on topic, can you? There's a thread on alpha stuff already :/

I've been working my ass off lately trying to recover SP maps or establish their authors if none were given. Plus, I'm filling in any blanks we might still have in our SP-map offerings. And all I get is topic derailment into Unreal beta territory.

I wish someone showed some gratitude for the recent recovery of Crazy For Fight 1 and 3 to me or to LeiLei for providing those files over here. It ain't exactly easy sometimes.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I was simply commenting on how fast this went and I wish someone would simply jump in like that for the leaks(aside thevac but i had him recheck stuff and search for more, aside tons of other ror files there wasn't anything unreal "ror" related he had apart from ror-unrm, i even went through the lists myself and check anything that could have been it).
I can't check those maps or anything that I even recover/get because my laptop isn't working. So I am "sacrificing" a lot basically.
And I guess there is no "gratitude" for recovering a missing patch nobody of the "past 2001" community bothered to archive. There is still that index.unr lobby left to recover or those damn lost mods like the original unreal2d that i only remember screens of but it was finished and avail for download, except not on the main sites, where there was download link it got referred offsite.

EDIT: But I guess you want to keep sitting on your narcisstic throne so that's why you require such gratitude especially to mask your failings with the beta perhaps?

Last edited:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Narcissistic? Well excuse me for finding it so quickly in my reach :rolleyes:

It's a rare file found. Nothing to be jealous about, but thanks for helping me decide to not help in your aid for prototype searching since you're all cocky over it acting not far from the very TheKazuya you hate.

Maybe next time someone asks for a lost thing someone created that I have on archive, I'll wait two weeks for you to search for it, since it seems you're in it for the ego.

I've hoarded and uploaded rare addons for other games for years now, I've never encountered a whine about my efforts until I read this thread today. I'll make sure to stay out of this sacred "Unreal" territory of yours, if elitism over blasting skaarj anus is your thing.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Narcissistic? Well excuse me for finding it so quickly in my reach :rolleyes:

It's a rare file found. Nothing to be jealous about, but thanks for helping me decide to not help in your aid for prototype searching since you're all cocky over it acting not far from the very TheKazuya you hate.

Maybe next time someone asks for a lost thing someone created, I'll wait two weeks for you to search for it, since it seems you're in it for the ego.

leo is one of those users where everyone agrees that it is unfortunate to have him. Also, read his statement again and tell me that he isn't the narcissistic one ;)

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Well that went from great to crap in a few posts.

@Delacroix: I think the thread was done mate. Who cares where it goes from here?

@Leo: You can't really expect someone to as readily have every file. leilei had the files in question, that's it and its great news. It would be great if someone would cough up the other files so quickly, but maybe the fact that nobody did indicates they are even harder to find? I think that this is a more profitable line of thinking. If you think someone here has those files but they are just 'holding out'...well, I think everyone here has shown a level of community and generosity that would indicate otherwise. We should remain hopeful...it is healthier for everyone.

@leilei: Great that you had those! Thanks for sharing.

For anyone in general: This community wouldn't be what it is without all participants being who they are. Leo's single-mindedness has brought us many treasures, Delacroix's detective skills and intensity have done the same. We should be careful what we wish for; if one gear in the machine loses a cog, we might see a shutdown.

Chill guys and start having a laugh at/with each other instead of a whine.

In other news...

BuFBlur.jpg~original

My old registration was lost in a crash and I was on hiatus for a long enough time that it was lost forever. Bummer 'cause I hate being the "new guy".... :p

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I think his statement was directed at Delacroix, and not you.
That's correct. Everyone except you jumped to conclusions. And my statement had a reason too after delacroix "abandoned" me on a certain network. I was simply showing him a mirror image of himself. Not everyone gets that.
@leilei: There's nothing elitist about my behavior. Delacroix is the one who's in this for his ego. I am sacrifing a lot even my ability to play and create stuff atm. AlCapowned has done a lot of work on the beta remakes/conversions and model improvements lately. But Delacroix hardly cares about it just because alcapowned didn't provide something in time for example.
Tell me who's elitist then.

Oh and Delacroix having detective skills? I haven't seen that, he cannot really analyze things properly and he locks up when confronted about something like when I pointed out to him the things we know about the other 96 leak from the person who has/had it. But he doesn't believe it, even if it matched the facts, just because he can't accept that he might not have handled the situation well. So yes there is someone in the community who most probably has the missing leak and there were multiple reasons for delays in sharing. The last I heard is there is an attempt for official Epic approved release, but I doubt they really care or would respond to such request after such a long time. Besides about everyone who worked on the game back in the ages is gone from epic and the individuals wouldn't mind as far as the people I contacted myself go.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I've hoarded and uploaded rare addons for other games for years now.

Actually I have one more request - NaliTar level. If you'd be so kind to check your archives for this...

And Leo, you psychoanalysis of me is so accurate you should consider becoming a psychiatrist. :rolleyes: No, seriously: Go to hell. I won't even respond to such insults.

You're right about one thing though: I'm in this for ego - but everyone who really likes something is deep down in it for their own ego. I don't get paid for stuff I do so feeding my ego a bit with a few kind words shouldn't be a problem.

As for patch 225e you so value as a finding, ask yourself if it's really worth anything, being just a single subversion older than the publically available 225f. Is it new content for us to play and use in mods? No? Did it turn out that 225f broke something that worked fine in 225e? Em.... no...?

As for the prototypes, it's easy to say you still have something you might have had and deleted, just to get attention... Never thought the person who "has" the prototype might be such case?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Actually I have one more request - NaliTar level. If you'd be so kind to check your archives for this...

And Leo, you psychoanalysis of me is so accurate you should consider becoming a psychiatrist. :rolleyes: No, seriously: Go to hell. I won't even respond to such insults.

You're right about one thing though: I'm in this for ego - but everyone who really likes something is deep down in it for their own ego. I don't get paid for stuff I do so feeding my ego a bit with a few kind words shouldn't be a problem.

As for patch 225e you so value as a finding, ask yourself if it's really worth anything, being just a single subversion older than the publically available 225f. Is it new content for us to play and use in mods? No? Did it turn out that 225f broke something that worked fine in 225e? Em.... no...?

As for the prototypes, it's easy to say you still have something you might have had and deleted, just to get attention... Never thought the person who "has" the prototype might be such case?
I'm not saying that patch is that signifact, well it is because it was something that caused epic to release 225f and it was more of a real patch than 226f was which was 226a with "new" drivers. So the patch is more unique than difference between 226a and "226final". But still it's something that didn't get archived, whatever content it actually is.
Also you don't know how much trouble has cost me trying to find people on "that network", especially lately when I met some haters who want to actually prevent me from finding files just because they find me ridiculous and the whole high school mentality and a friend of friend of friend web. I had to fight them to earn respect but also lost respect of someone who promised to help before and went to ignore me. This is a very difficult task and i'm afraid thevac was a very big exception among them all. All that has also effect on me personally and my "stability" too, despite my best efforts and trying to be diplomatic it failed and then i got so frustrated and confrontational. Also earlier today someone wanted to trick me into attacking amazon by making up some ridiculous story. Well the person believed it but it was also to trick me. Of course I didn't buy that story and I don't attack/hack anyway. But then I suddenly realized when someone else mentioned to me that theres going to be an xbox one release
on amazon in few minutes from that point and then it began to be clear that they are trying to fool people by making it seem like the ip they provide them is by some asshole who's hacking around when it was in fact the adress of the amazon part. Thus if they got enough people to attack/ddos at the same time, they might have achieved something. (i have no idea if they did because i didn't really watch the event since and i was also without connection for a time due to network failures)

Yes I have considered that option you said last. But why would she then try to contact epic about it if she had nothing or ask someone else..can it perhaps be that she might be really afraid of any however minor potential legal issues even though there's hardly a chance that would happen? Perhaps the person meant to check the content over was trying to determine just how much of "legal risc" can there possible be? Did that cross your mind?

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Yes I have considered that option you said last. But why would she then try to contact epic about it if she had nothing or ask someone else..can it perhaps be that she might be really afraid of any however minor potential legal issues even though there's hardly a chance that would happen? Perhaps the person meant to check the content over was trying to determine just how much of "legal risc" can there possible be? Did that cross your mind?

Um, we have only her word that she contacted Epic. She might've as well sent no e-mail whatsoever in the first place and only tell us she has done so... Did that thought cross your mind?

Thing is, we have only her word that she has the build and frankly, I no longer believe a word she says. She's responsible for that herself.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Um, we have only her word that she contacted Epic. She might've as well sent no e-mail whatsoever in the first place and only tell us she has done so... Did that thought cross your mind?

Thing is, we have only her word that she has the build and frankly, I no longer believe a word she says. She's responsible for that herself.
Then maybe she might still one day surprise us and prove herself, who knows...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It seems I still can't even send message to leilei to try and apoligize because he has me blocked. Well so much for the stuffing an opinion/view about me down my throat. Too bad people jump quickly to conclusions even though it was quite clear.
So without questioning someone blocks/ignores and "decides" again, without thinking that it was directed to someone else especially since it would make no sense if it would be directed at leilei, right? And especialy because it was a direct followup to Delacroix's post? No matter what I try I guess people just won't get over that "collective view" of me from the past. People still think I'm trying to shove opinions down others throats when it's themselves who do that.
Of course I appreciate the recovery of the maps, but right now they are data I can't check, like anything else. So I cannot fully appreciate them until I will see them and I wanted to postpone further comments after I can play them perhaps if I get my laptop fixed in time or not for example.
I implied that when I talked about "the sacrifice", that means I'd love to do more but am unable to. And I was trying to reflect on Delacroix demanding gratitude attitude. Also when I mentioned that I wish something else was recovered this fast, that implies that it's amazing that it got recovered this fast and I wish it was the case with the other thing too? Especially after so many failed recoveries when people had it and didn't share it in the end?
Can't you guys think a little more deeply about meaning of the words? Apparently not. No, we jump to conclusions and get pissed about something and ignore any further attempts of communications. Excellent.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Sorry, I don't have a nalitar.zip

It seems I still can't even send message to leilei to try and apoligize because he has me blocked. Well so much for the stuffing an opinion/view about me down my throat. Too bad people jump quickly to conclusions even though it was quite clear.

Jumping to conclusions, like the false claim that I've blocked you?

I have PMs disabled, and somehow, I highly doubt it would've been an "apology" message.... probably more like backstabbing bullshit instead.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Sorry, I don't have a nalitar.zip

Jumping to conclusions, like the false claim that I've blocked you?

I have PMs disabled, and somehow, I highly doubt it would've been an "apology" message.... probably more like backstabbing bullshit instead.
No backstabbing bs involved. And technically you had me blocked but you had blocked all messages then. I wanted to send a message with apology and that it wasn't directed at you. But you seem to be fond of directing your anger at me for some reason now.

Status
Not open for further replies.