Runtime servers updated

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
The runtime multiuser servers have been updated with a new GameInfo to correct the problem with everyone spawning into the same PlayerStart.

You can now connect to the server, and the user following you will spawn at the second playerstart. As long as you're out of the way before the second user following you attempts to join, you shouldn't experience lockups any more.

We will be dynamically adding in additional PlayerStarts with some new code tomorrow. But for now, you can connect to the test servers and be okay. Just please move out of the way. :)

Oh, and apparently when you pause the runtime while connected to a server, it pauses everyone. Same if you disconnect, it pauses everyone, and then they have to all unpause it. This will also be fixed tomorrow or the day after, with the next update.

OJay

Oct 18, 2003
Germany
www.brainshockinteractive.de
every time i try to connect i get an critical error:

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1341 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (4403)

Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:..\..\Core\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 60]

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadImportMap <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- AttemptLoadPending <- TickPending <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

1,5Ghz | Ti4200 (128) 44.03 | 768MB | XP Pro

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
Runtime servers have been updated again to include the new playerstart rotation code, and eight additional playerstarts. Lockups due to telefrags should no longer be an issue, so we're also stopping them from restarting every six hours. We'll look into the pause bug next.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
Sounds like your fault, not mine. :) The runtime test servers are, of course, for the stock runtime.

Centralcore

Jan 24, 2004
Does the new version of Runtime (2226.20.01) work with the UDN-Servers?.
I downloaded it some minutes ago and as soon as i wanted to connect with "open runtimemaster.epicgames.com:7777" or "...:8888" a message tells me that somewhere is a version mismatch in the EM_RunTime Package.

I did not modify the Installation at all. Also a bit strange is, that they describe on the download page how to connect to the UDN-Servers, so they must have meant it for this version.

Is there a solvation for this problem i can do, or is it a knownproblem with the servers?

lewic

Mar 17, 2006
If I want to move to one far location.
How to define the location(x,y,z)?

Last edited by a moderator:

LyncusBee

Dec 3, 2004
D/L'd the demo fresh from U2RT site firewall down ports 7777 & 8888 forwarded on router, lots of net activity opening open runtimemaster.epicgames.com:7777 ..... 8888

There it ends till lots of net activity and a connecting screen F10 doesn't cancel but adjusts the gamma?

If I open the test map included I can run around with the connecting text still up but that's it.

Am I missing something do I need to d/l or activate anything?

I've not modified anything in U2RT and it is installed in it's default root of drive folder.