UT DoomTrooper Skins for Unreal Tournament 99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kajgue

(T:S:B)Clan Chief
Jul 24, 2010
Heya,

Thanks for the help, Strider; but I was going to report those files to his download host, so no need to worry about that.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
http://www.unrealaddicts.com/forums...doomtrooper-skins-unreal-tournament-99-a.html

if these are indeed your files, Feralidragon. i will talk to my clanmates and start an investigation
Strider{TSU}\o/
The only file that could be described as "mine", would be the U2Vehicles.

However, and it's important to notify this, the file is originally from .:..: (who already spoke up as well in this topic), so tecnically, it's NOT really mine, as my only work there were a few fixes and enhancements so they could be played under any display driver and so they could be scaled up or down (as desireable) without messing with the parts offsets and update collision.

My only problem, is that this should be a private fix for his own joy so he could play with them (and therefore I didn't ask permission to .:..: as it was really private and not for public), yet he released to public, and claimed it was his work now. And that's it.

I learned my lesson, and it won't happen ever again (if someone wants a fix for a mod which is not mine, private or not, ask the owner, and if the owner is not around anymore, too bad, I won't fix what is not mine anymore, unless I use it myself, but that way only with permission given, that's the way I will work from now on).

Strider{TSU}

Jul 24, 2010
The only file that could be described as "mine", would be the U2Vehicles.

However, and it's important to notify this, the file is originally from .:..: (who already spoke up as well in this topic), so tecnically, it's NOT really mine, as my only work there were a few fixes and enhancements so they could be played under any display driver and so they could be scaled up or down (as desireable) without messing with the parts offsets and update collision.

My only problem, is that this should be a private fix for his own joy so he could play with them (and therefore I didn't ask permission to .:..: as it was really private and not for public), yet he released to public, and claimed it was his work now. And that's it.

I learned my lesson, and it won't happen ever again (if someone wants a fix for a mod which is not mine, private or not, ask the owner, and if the owner is not around anymore, too bad, I won't fix what is not mine anymore, unless I use it myself, but that way only with permission given, that's the way I will work from now on).
i respect that:clap: we're all human (or at least i hope lol) and we all make mistakes. the important thing is that we learn when we make our mistakes and how we can do better ;)

so what about these DoomTrooper skins? are they someone elses or his?

Kajgue

(T:S:B)Clan Chief
Jul 24, 2010
i respect that:clap: we're all human (or at least i hope lol) and we all make mistakes. the important thing is that we learn when we make our mistakes and how we can do better ;)

so what about these DoomTrooper skins? are they someone elses or his?

I personally don't know about those/his skins, but they do seem to be an out of place mishmash with each other; I don't know whether they were a bunch of peoples' skins taken and thrown in with each other or what (as if they weren't supposed to be there).

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101142&d=1279624111

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Ferali you have nothing at all to be regretful of. Someone asked for help and you gave it (as you always do). Kaal is the one who needs to be saying this stuff, not you brother. You keep doing what you do, UT is better for it.

XeC^{TSU}

Jul 28, 2010
Hello all....Speaking on behalf of the clan, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused.....If we had found out about this sooner, I assure you we'd have him out of our own forums in no time...But better late than never right? :)...Anyways the issue has been brought up and has been given the highest priority....And our seniors will be taking an action against him extremely soon....

@ Kajgue: Thank you once again for notifying the TSU family about this....Much appreciated :)

@Feralidragon, .:..: and anyone else affected by Kaal's fraud : We hope you understand that We at UA Forums are not in any way supporting Kaal's actions by letting this go on for this long. We will do what we can at our end of the UT community to put a stop to his fraudulent acts without further due.

Ferali you have nothing at all to be regretful of. Someone asked for help and you gave it (as you always do). Kaal is the one who needs to be saying this stuff, not you brother. You keep doing what you do, UT is better for it.

There is no error in helping out a fellow human being.....:) .....Who knew he'd be the type to almost screw you over in the process.....Don't let idiots like him deter you.....As "gopostal" says: "You keep doing what you do, UT is better for it."

P.s: First post :)..... Hope this is not a bad 1st impression :lol:

Cheers :cheers: ,
X^ :doh:

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Hmm, quite a ruckus stirred up over here. Kinda glad I haven't released ut_csweapons yet then :p

Although....I haven't heard of some of those mods listed before. The links have been taken down too D;

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Thanks guys, but I do really regret what I did. I will always help for doubts or problems, but regarding mods, unless it's about one of my own mods or about a mod trully done by the help requester, I won't help anymore, even if the owner is no longer around.

This because, as said above, not only him could get out bad, as I would to if I didn't anything about it, to not talk about the owner who would have his work ripped, although I was just trying to help.

I only edited mods which were not mine for private usage 3 times in my life:
- Pinata for the {WINGS} server (optimized it, got rid of the accessed none errors and added a lifespan so the weapons didn't stay there forever);
- A "Welcome" mod for a MH server (a small edit to be fully customizable, and to be able to greet the players directly and in different ways regarding their importance in the server);
- And this one (some edits just to make it fully work with UT and some enhancements for private joy).

Although I had no problems with the first 2 (since they kept them private as I asked so, due the circunstances), this last one just blew me off to do something like this again.

But anyway, any other kind of help regarding UT I can offer, I will (because be the user an ass or a good person, won't affect me or other people), but no more private edits.

Last edited: