Doors

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Acid

Sep 14, 2013
I am literally new to mapping for jailbreak.

I learned by mocking the settings of other jb maps... Its functioning all except one thing

I cant get the door to work. It opens when you walk up to it but it doesnt open when the releasetrigger is activated.

If there is a link to a mappers introduction to jailbreak that would be awesome

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Movers have several modes of operation, specified by their InitialState property. The one you seem to be using at the moment probably is BumpOpenTimed. Jailbreak jail doors are usually triggered instead of touch-activated, e.g. via the TriggerOpenTimed mode. Triggering originates from the JBInfoJail actor, more specifically the EventReleaseRed or EventReleaseBlue properties.

For a conceptual introduction, there's Spoondog's Mapping For Jailbreak and as a technical reference for coders and mappers alike we provide the Jailbreak Developer Network. The article you might be most interested in at this point probably is Jail and Release.