Epic Games, UTAN and stolen GUIDs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Epic won't ban you if your GUID is being spoofed - because that's impossible. :tinfoil:
If UTAN discovers it though, they will ban you in their database.

Epic does ban confirmed cheats and whoever has a name they don't like.

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Yes brizz, I haven't heard many cases where Epic is banning individual keys from cheaters. UTAN global bans is the enemy, that's the whole reason DD is doing it. They feel the same as many here, that UTAN shouldn't be judge/jury/executioner, with their no tollerance attitudes towards cheating. So, they are finding ways to proove that the UTAN global ban system is flawed.

That is their point.

...and the problem is, even if admins wake up, and stop accepting global bans, there isn't exactly an easy way to filter that UTAN setting when browsing for servers, which would suck for anyone banned. They could just filter UTAN server by mutator, but then still get stuck with the ones that have it as a server actor if I'm not mistaken.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
ShiningSquirrel said:
Actually it was deleted from the atari forums completly and I was warned not to discuss "cheating" on their forums.
No one here has done any censoring that I know of.
That's why I reposted here, because I knew at least on this site it would stay and no one would be afraid to talk about it. The people who run this site have some scruples unlike the Atari forum.

Apparently I was warned for using the "Report Post" too much. Well, there was this guy named SphereX running around every thread lying about what HaloUT does to create its content packs.

Not my fault there were 200 spam posts. I only reported 5 of them and I was called spamming. Gee, I reported ONE out of each forum he spammed on. I thought that was appropriate, and yes, I thought before I made the action.