Frequent UT2004 Crashes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
This is my first post so Im going to use it for something thats been annoying me. I got UT2004 at christmas but it crashes violently to desktop so much that its nearly unplayable.

Its a "critical error" followed by a list of Kactor>line1332>classX..... etc.

Sometimes i can go a whole day with no problems, other days (like today) i can barely get 5 minutes of playtime between crashes.

System Specs

AMD 2600 2.1 ghz
512MB
Radeon 9000 128mb (upgrading to 9800 pro or x800 in a few weeks)

Running a patch, I think its the latest one but im not sure how to check. Defragged the HD a few days after installation.

Have the single DVD normal version.

The demo that i used before getting the full game was also just as bad, so its not just the game.

Thanks alot for any help. In the mean time im getting on with making a map.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
Do you format or defragmantate your computer often? That usually help me when reinstalling doesn't do any good.
Oh, right... Have you tried reinstalling?

Last edited:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Hi SlipStreams_65, and welcome to BU!

You can first blow away your user.ini and ut2004.ini and have the game remake them when you start it again. If that doesn't work, try the reinstall from scratch and apply the latest patch.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
Buttsecks my suggestions and listen to huggybear.
You should add George W.Bush to your ''evils of this world'' avatar btw.

Last edited: