umx -> Mp3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
So what ModPlug Player can save to wav, too. I always save to wave files first, because mostly I need to edit them (especially with looping files) before encoding them to mp3.

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
Personally, I use winamp to output wave files, then I encode the wave files to mp3. Works fine for me. That's what I did when I made the .ogg files of the original UT music. See this thread.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Also, UEd extracts UMX to S3M or IT or something like that I believe. Most trackers and players will allow you to change format to WAV from there.

Once that is done get goldwave and convert the sound file to any format you like, including MP3 and OGG.

Last edited:

Kyouryuu

*roar!*
Dec 17, 2003
Kirkland, Washington
kyouryuu.furvect.com
I'm not sure what the technical difference is between a UMX and an IT module, but I know that if you use Quintessential Player and rename all of the .umx files to .it, it plays them as IntelligentTracker modules without a problem. Winamp seems to have difficulty with this, however.

b4nd1t

bulletproof
Jan 5, 2004
RABIES said:
Is there a .umx --> .Mp3 converter available?

there is a plugin for winamp and its right here

Attachments

• UMX_Decoder.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 449