The funny pictures thread (new and improved)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Not necessarily

from here

there's a but (of Coco sized proportions).

So yes a ref or linesman would flag it up as offside. Plus the general rules of obstruction and unsportsmanlike like behavior would mean that the above tactic would not be allowed.

You don't try and disprove Troll Physics as well, do you? C'mon guy, it's meant to be funny. I don't watch soccer and even I know you can't REALLY do that.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
at least we made up a name for it. Football. Duh.

Soccer seems way more appropriate, for people who can't score.

Like the Americans

finger.gif

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
How can americans call FOOTball a sport where people run around with the ball in their HANDS?

There are many stupid 'sports' on both sides of the pond...

I played soccer all through grade school, the teacher of our 1 room church school was a fan. Fun game to play boring to watch... but most sports are IMO. I played American football twice in high school, I was good at it, but man is it overly simple.

In all honesty I grew up thinking football (American obviously) was a wussy version of rugby... Half of this state would probably lynch me for that comment. :lol: I now know there are more differences then just the violence.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
FOOTball

indeed it is far closer to rugby in style.

True, but even rugby has a hell of a lot more kicking than American "Football".

Rugby League (rather than Rugby Union, and yes, there is a difference) is closest to American "Football", but that's far more physically demanding than the American game. It also has more kicking.

To be honest, every form of football I know has more kicking than the American game:

Football - kicking is the foundation of the entire game.
Australian Football - kicking is the primary component and the only method to score.
Gaelic Football - kicking is a primary component and the primary scoring method.
Canadian Football - like the American game, but allows for the option of the drop goal during open play.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
because who gives a shit.
that's why.

the important thing is that it's better than soccer. that "sport" where grown men pretend to cry and flop about anytime someone so much as grazes them while going for the ball.
is this a professional contact game or a ballet recital?

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
They do use their feet for running and standing on though in American football. It isn't called Kicking-ball-with-foot-ball, just football. It's not specified what is being done with the feet in the name.

I guess any sport where feet and a ball type object are used could be called football, like tennis or handball. Even pinball if you're standing up.