UE2 - UT2kX adding custom music to a map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skyydragonn

Feb 12, 2008
So i've finally got an almost complete level for online TDM (freezetag) But i want to add a music track created by me using Magix music/Movie maker 12
So naturally I've got a few questions.

1)what file format does the track need to be in order to import it to UeD and subsequently UT04?
2)Will I need to zip the music as a seperate file along with the map and have the end user extract the file to thier C/.../UT/music folder?
3)Is there a tutorial anywhere that explains how to import and add a track to a level? mastering unreal tech completely skips over game music unfortunately:(
4) any other advice for this?

Thanks in advance gang

stocko2k

Dec 2, 2008
once youve got the music in your map do you need to add it to a zip folder and the people downloading have to add it to thier music folder or does the music go in as part of the map file?

moneyshot

Jun 28, 2008
all depends on how u add it in bro.. if u add the music file in as mylevel package itll be inserted into the map and wont need to add it.. if u add it in ur map as a uax with a different package name u will have to add it in ur sound folder.. add me on msn lxlbloodykisseslxl@hotmail.com ill show u how to do it.. see ya

money

stocko2k

Dec 2, 2008
thanks for the help i think i'll levae music out, i've got ambient sounds and such and it all seams pretty cool without music the gunfire and such pretty much means the music would go un-noticed anyways

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
It's no different than custom characters. Other players on the server won't see them or hear music unless they manually install the content, opposed to downloading it from the server.

Fluorescence

Feb 19, 2009
Berkshire, England
its a shame though :( and quite annoying. I mean how come in UT99 you could listen to custom music online without downloading it beforehand?

EDIT: a post by wormbo has answered my question :)

Last edited: