A few questions.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Baddogjmh

Aug 20, 2004
1) How do I make water reflect?
2) How do I make the jumppads go where I want them in other words jump the way I want it to and how high how do I do it.
3) I have in my map some invisible blocking where i am just testing it but I run into an ivisable wall.?

Magus_CT83

Angel of Darkness
Jul 22, 2004
1. Use the search on the board and search for 'water reflecting'
2. Use the search on the board and search for 'jumppads'
3. Use the search on the board and search for 'invisible blocking'

Sacred

Mapper in exile.
Oct 29, 2004
Baddogjmh said:
1) How do I make water reflect?
2) How do I make the jumppads go where I want them in other words jump the way I want it to and how high how do I do it.
3) I have in my map some invisible blocking where i am just testing it but I run into an ivisable wall.?

Seriously, the amount of time it takes to master an editor through your preferred method (posting question after question), compared to the time it takes to complete any of the dozens of simple to understand tutorials available on this and other sites, is dramatically different.

Try doing a tutorial, before you know it, you will be the one answering questions like the ones you posted.

Case in point, I got UT2004 around 3 weeks ago and thanks to the tutorials I found, (and in part to previous 3D editor experience) I am already getting to be pretty handy with UED.

Or, if all else fails, grab the book "Mastering Unreal Technology" when it is released, (as I plan to), and never have a need to ask a question again. ;)

Just something to think about.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Yeah, most of what you learn should come by tweaking and making mistakes. There isn't a tutorial for what you want. One thing that i had a problem on, i was tweaking stuff and it was magically fixed, and I looked around and tried to duplicate the problem. I used the forums only once, but that was when I have exausted all other resources. The forums should only be used as a final resort. All of the problems / things you want to learn can be easily found on the Unreal Wiki.

I'm not trying to say this in a mean way, im just being realistic about this.

Sternzy

Nov 17, 2004
noobie.JPG

Baddog, I'm a complette n00b, but i'll look around and see if I can come up with anything.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Sternzy said:
noobie.JPG

Baddog, I'm a complette n00b, but i'll look around and see if I can come up with anything.

It's all good man, if people are willing to learn, it's just lazy questions that won't get answers, like "how do I make a flying car?" or "can u tell me how 2 make a map" being extreme examples.

If you've shown first that you've experimented and /or researched what you're trying to do ( IE google/board search/Wiki/UDN/3dbuzz/leveldesigner.com/Bonus CD VTM's ), then people are more likely to invest their time in helping you.

The only thing that'll ever piss people off is someone expecting something for nothing, posting 5 words and expecting someone to come back and pretty much write a whole tutorial specific to what they want to do.

..And manners get you everywhere, a please/thankyou, even if they are just words, go a long way. :)

Last edited: