looking for CTF-RB-Arid-FragBU edition

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Anyone have a link for this version? I have RB, v2 and v5, so why not the FragBU edition? Thanks for any help (can't find it anywhere).:)

EDIT: for that matter, what about other FragBU versions of maps.....I have ColaWars one already (and the FragBU bonuspack).:)

EDIT AGAIN: ok, I did a search for Amer FragBU and it seems (besides any fbubp maps) there are only 4 major FBU map versions for UT2004:

1. CTF-ColaWars-FragBU (I have versions v1 and v2)
2. CTF-RB-Arid-FragBU (the one originally asking about in this thread)
3. CTF-E-Iron-FragBU (I already have CTF-FBU-Iron2 from fbubp, so not sure how different this other one is but probably newer version and better)
4. CTF-Romra-FragBU-v2 (there is also a v1 version) > found

So, any links to 2. I guess that's really about it.:)

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I found CTF-RB-Arid which might just be the same thing.

And WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THERE WAS A NEW UT2004 REDIRECT WITH (it definitely looks like) ALL OF THE FILES FROM THE UT-FILES .UZ2 REDIRECT? DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT TO REAPPEAR?!

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
I have that redirect - all 160GB of it. If you want it, install bt sync and get back to me.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
There's a version 3 of Romra? And is that other one just version 1 or is it all spelled out a different map altogether? Won't be able to DL until Tuesday.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
CTF-Romra-FragBU-v3 has a link gun with 4 ammo cells at each base right behind the flag. Otherwise looks identical to v2.
CTF-RomraMoonStation-FragBU has keg o'health instead 100 armor, 5 static meshes as a base guard as opposed to 3 bsp blocks + slightly different weapons/ammo alignment around the base.

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/KiWqAyV.jpg[/screenshot]

Actually since I never heard about Romra-FragBU-v1, this might be the initial version that was turned into v2. You've gotta ask RaffiB - IIRC it was he who made v2 and v3

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
the two i have (Romra)

CTF-Romra-FragBU (UT2004-Raffi_B) > “Thorns in Space!”;) This one just has the Earth below, asteroids, nebulae and that’s it (no radio towers, limited varied lighting, simple bottom area). The default bot load is better with 5 on 5, which makes the bot match gameplay more tolerable. Download is only ut2 file if you search on google.

CTF-RomraMoonStation-SE (UT2004-CHiLLZ) > nice total skybox (wait, if that’s the moon, then WTF is that other satellite?; this has lots of stars, big moon below and small one to the side, nebulae), changes and corrections from last version, steam, simple layout, shadows (more varied lighting), music choice, radio towers, expanded lower area and good stock music choice; the bots are decent and can somewhat defend, but there is too much of a default bot load (6 on 6) for this map to be fun, there are lips to trip over coming out of the bottom section and then there’s the whole game mechanics where if you run up against a bot then neither of you knock each other over but a walls forms between you and neither of you can move and then you die.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Romra was basically a map for FragBU and so it was never designed with bots in mind.
Revisions were made to attempt to address balance/gameplay issues at best.