UE2 - UT2kX Spectator events in mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stfx

Dec 10, 2013
Hey there,

I am in the process of improving BotManager for UT2k4 for my upcoming LAN party and I already added some improvements and fixed almost all bugs I found but there is one annoyance left:

If players join/leave/start spectating/stop spectating bots will randomly be added because Deathmatch.MinPlayers need to be set to the correct amount as the game automatically fills bots. However the whole idea of mod is to let you manually edit the bots which is perfect for LAN play allowing to have many bots vs. few players or some stronger and some weaker bots, and some other cool stuff.

Now I was able to fix that behavior for player join/leave by overriding ModifyLogin and NotifyLogout but there does not seem to be any for player spectating events.

UT3 seems to have added them but that does not really help for UT2k4. So what I am doing for now as a workaround is to disallow spectating when any bots are in the game, which would work fine in my case but is not really the perfect solution I am looking for.

Funny thing is that GameInfo seems to have the desired events (BecomeSpectator, AllowBecomeActivePlayer) but I have not found any way to access them through a mutator.

Is there any way to get this to work? The current source can be seen here: https://github.com/stfx/ut2004mods/tree/master/BotManager

Btw I am probably gonna upload the new version for everyone some day if I get permission from the author.

Thanks!

stfx

Dec 10, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean monitoring, as in checking it on a regular interval using a timer? If yes then I am not sure how feasible that is as UT2k4 tries to add/remove bots pretty fast after a player changed spectating mode.