UE3 - General Map-generating

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sfi

Nov 3, 2009
Hi,
i have now searched a while to find a way to generate an unreal map from sourcecode using languages as c++. So my question is as following: Is it possible to create a unreal map via programming language and save it in a way that it can be edited by the unreal editor?

My aim: Generate a Indoor map by just using an image, like a blueprint, to generate just the walls and the floor to have a approximate map.

Good day,
Sfi

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The T3D format is quite simple and plain text. Just export a small existing map to see how it's structured. It should be possible to generate such a file and import that in UnrealEd, just give it a try.