Is Inf Still Active???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Y2K-Hippy

Mar 20, 2008
Hay All

Damn its been years since i've stepped foot in these halls (2001)
I was talking to some freinds over teamspeak for COD4 about playing this brilliant game called Infiltration and they asked me if it was still active...

So here i am... Are there still any servers about? new updates? any players?

Zeep I remember the first day you came in here... damn that was a long time ago.

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, there are a few servers around, namely FOOL-TDM and the two COOP servers; Infgermany and some other servers may be availaible, haven't checked a lot recently.

FOOL and especially the COOP servers enjoy a small but persistent number of players - at least when you join around ~1900-2300CET.

The Updates question I can't really answer without knowing what the last version you had was. Latest Inf is 2.9 Community Edition (basically 2.9 with all important community content of that time), latest addons were the M60 as well as several smaller mutators.

Forums did not show much traffic since the (third?) great crash..

Y2K-Hippy

Mar 20, 2008
The Third great crash? what might that have been?
I havnt pleasy since maybe 2001 now and it think i started at about 1.3 when it was still a small mod on UT and not a full converson

All the COD4 gaming I have been doing ltely reminded me of the years I spent in here every night playing with my dial up connection and giving the USA guys a run for there money. There used to be such a tight knot group of hard core players about and I miss those days. As I said i remember Zeeps first showing on the forums.

I know it doesnt look like I have ever been in here as this is only my second post but I couldnt remember my old password.

I'll try and get things back up and running again and have a play... Are we still useing the origional UT engine? or was it Ported up?

Vixen.cat

Sep 20, 2005
1. http://forums.beyondunreal.com/login.php?do=lostpw
2. ???
3. PROFIT!

Anywho, no it was never "ported up", though I think there's some serious consideration for using the Crysis engine right now (spiffy sandbox editor among other things).

If the last time you played was '01, I'd say there was a fair number of updates (both community and from Sentry) after you left. Things like v2.9, an iron-sights view for the M2, the bandaging mutator, the INF Mod Team's community weapons pack, yadda yadda.

The Community Edition Snakeye mentioned can be obtained here. If you run into problems trying to connect to servers (I think version mismatches are likely), either delete or cut/paste elsewhere the offending files.

I myself had been considering re-installing INF whenever that damnable UT99 CD resurfaces, though I guess I could always search the intartorrentz if it doesn't. I mean, I *do* own the damned game, after all.

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
I'll try and get things back up and running again and have a play...

A good idea indeed; if you have Unreal1 and Return to NaPali you might want to try the COOP1 server - if you don't you still might want to try COOP2, which runs custom mappacks; I think (not sure) this runs with UT alone.

Anyway COOP is ATM the most(?) populated Gametype and is a cooperative play vs. Unreal1 monsters using the original Unreal1 campaing+Mission Pack (on COOP1) or custom mappacks (on COOP2). It's quite some fun, if you don't mind shooting monsters (and getting killed by them). Otherwise TDM on FOOL is another option to try; IF you actually find a EAS or DTAS game runnning join immediately, they're rare enough :(.

Hope to see you on a server soon :).

Black.cat

May 11, 2006
Michigan
OMG, Is INF still being played? I hope so, I really miss this game alot. So many great memories. I'm gonna reinstall UT and INF, I miss this game too much. :)

Vixen.cat

Sep 20, 2005
I imagine that so long as there isn't a successive title, there's going to be a presence (no matter how minute) on Infiltration.

On a totally OT note, it's been ZOMG ETRNTY since I saw a •cat. Nobody's been on their IM's in forever, myself included. I demand that you reveal what you've been playing, damnit!

Y2K-Hippy

Mar 20, 2008
Hay Vixen Cat... I know that you can get an old password through Beyond unreal, I know I have changed Email Adress's atleast once and possably more since playing in here.

I never did play Unreal so alas I dont have the disc. I still have all my old UT Cd's and the Patch's, Inf Versions and of course custom maps i had collected over the years. I just found out what version was the last one i had. My last back up was 2.86.

EAS i think was just started around the time I disapeared, and there was also a nice little mod for Inf that i loved. I cant remember the name of it but damn it had a MASSIVE post count in here and almost half the total number of posts where in that one thread.

Last edited:

Y2K-Hippy

Mar 20, 2008
Bingo Carpet Smoker.... That sounds spot on... I spent an hour last night trying to find it in the back pages in these forums...

I realoaded UT and had to download all the Inf files as my back up CD's are now corrupted. My dutys in the COD4 clan is taking up alot of my time but I will try and sneek into a server soon.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Beppo is currently working on the very sexy Ground Branch from http://blackfootstudios.com/

It's got one or a couple of the guys from RSE working on it (the people who did Ghost Recon the first) and has four or five current or former special forces types consulting on it. And Beppo.

It's looking like being a worthy successor to both Inf and Ghost Recon.

Expect awesomeness.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
Hello, Hippy. I remember you ;). INF is not totally dead, and frankly, I think that while at least one server keeps running there will be people playing. Be it TDM, DTAS, EAS, or Coop. Anyway, I think that INF fans are mostly hibernating, and (if) a new version is ever released, we will see old timers coming back.

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
he he mid hibernation is good :lol:
my isp provider had a major hickup during the weekend so i could not connect to a server without major lagg so i gave up trying, no use trying at all
luckily it seems to be better now but that damn **** made me miss a foolday on server fool on saturday grr :(

Last edited:

Y2K-Hippy

Mar 20, 2008
Are im hearing some old names now... Beppo, Midwinter....
I watch the start of the hibination for version 2.86 over a 15 month period and watched people starting to disappear from that. I have now downloaded all the 2.9full and TBTmap pack is there others i require? Was it always this slow in movement? (jogging and sprint) Even with a light setup (bulk 17) i cant seem to move at any pace at all. :(

I had alook for servers and no-one was around.... So you say saturday is the best chance to find a populated server yes.... I may have to look then.

I must say the COD4 use's some of the Inf features, for example the Bulk of the weapon affects the lenght of the sprint, with each weapon having its own amount of recoil. Also the Iron Sighting is fun, having to bring the weapon up to use the sights and be more acurate. In the Hardcore mode you dont have any "fake" crosshairs at all. I do miss the selector for each weapon though, being able to switch between single, three round burst and fully auto.

If anyone has COD4 they would know what i mean.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
I had alook for servers and no-one was around.... So you say saturday is the best chance to find a populated server yes.... I may have to look then.

That's not entirely correct - though I can't really say anything about saturdays, since I'm usually out of internet on weekends. Anyway if you can get online between ~2000-2300hrs CET there usually are a few people online, though mostly on the COOPs (which don't show up in the "Infiltration All" in-game browser option) - yesterday there was quite some action on FOOL - if you call ~7ppl quite some action, that is :).

Y2K-Hippy

Mar 20, 2008
Arh i probly wouldnt call that much action, as last night i was playing cod4 a there was 12 of us in a locked server all useing teamspeak, and when we unlocked it, it quickly moved upto the server max of 32 and stayed there. Apparently i need to download other versions of the game though i got the 2.9full but not the 2.9CE

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Yeah, I know what you mean about the movement speed. In Crysis, people move so fast I wonder if its realistic. Then they bunny hop and zigzag like lightning which isn't.