My new cable modem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
My cable modem was finally installed today. 120Kbps! It took me about 15 minutes to download a 65Mb file. Life is good. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-Keiichi

------------------
If the past is an idea that can only occur in the here-and-now, and the future is also just a concept happening strictly in the present, is there really a past and future? Or just a continuum of present moments?

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Haha. I gotcha beat by 180 kbps! =) Personally I can't wait until Rogers@HOME upgrades to the ten meg routers.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Got you all beat! I managed a 300kps for about a half hour once and regularly get 200kps :p

------------------
What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!!
Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough
attention when you were a child?!!!
*BANG* -FMJ

[This message has been edited by Darkliege (edited 05-05-2000).]

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Geez. Way to ruin my moment guys... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-Keiichi

------------------
If the past is an idea that can only occur in the here-and-now, and the future is also just a concept happening strictly in the present, is there really a past and future? Or just a continuum of present moments?

Oitucrem

Mar 10, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Personally I have a manual modem. It works like this: I print out the data on a paper, call a cab, drive to the modem pool where I dump the papers into a mailbag sort of thing. After about an hour (for a two Mb file) I'm handed a new bunch of papers which I bring back home. Then I type in what's on the papers in Edit on my comp, wait for the computer to process the information, print out the results, call a new cab etc. I get about 1 bit/hour this way. Beat that if you can!

------------------
047 079 105 116 117 099 114 101 109

hmm...i'm on a t3 line here at school and it sucks. i get great ping, but not much in the way of throughput. i can get 1200kbps or so on campus, but the highest i ever got off the internet was about 100...generally 10kbps is my max. it seems to have seriously degraded over the year too, probably because the campus only uses 10mbps ethernet, rather than 100. hmm...

Lost