The End of Free VoIP Telephony: M$ Buys Skype!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Wait, what's so free about Skype now? The only thing you can do without a paying subscription is messaging and video chat. I thought they started charging for their phone services ages ago. You can't even have group sessions anymore without paying.

The only way it could get any worse is if they make you pay to use skype at all or the software just goes downhill.
You can currently use Skype for free group sessions. I do this all the time.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
You can currently use Skype for free group sessions. I do this all the time.
With webcams? Every time I'm in a video call and we've tried to add a third party it warns us that somebody needs to have a paying subscription or start a trial to enable the group calls. Are you on an older version? Does somebody pay? Only one person has to enable the feature apparently.

Last edited: