UT3 WAR-SeaSkirmish - Massive Air Warfare[PICS][PC][MSUC-P4]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
Name:WAR-SeaSkirmish

Version:1.0 (Proper version allows spawning in the Brain)

Compatibility:Titan/2.1+

Description:Awesome Warfare map with a focus on Aerial combat and originality in gameplay, setting, and flow. 32 Player

Comments:My second map for UT3...Lots of Deployables, Stacks of Berserk, and Armor, Shifting playfield, Animated level, other things I like....Comments and feedback appreciated...PS3 cook coming soon....Thanks for playing!

Screenshots:
Preview Pic
PreviewPic_by_KingNoOne.jpg

pew pew pew
5_by_KingNoOne.jpg

1_by_KingNoOne.jpg

2_by_KingNoOne.jpg

I won this battle
3_by_KingNoOne.jpg

He got scuba gear in case he falls in the water
6_by_KingNoOne.jpg

4_by_KingNoOne.jpg

Credits:
Me
Special thanks to Epic for an awesome Editor/Engine/Game

Skeleton pack and Skaarj Pack (C) their respective owners

Download:

www.fileplanet.com/files/200000/204874.shtml

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zgtneiq2mle

Last edited by a moderator:

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
OMG, looks outstanding! I just imagined all projectiles from second screenshot in motion... must be seemless.

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
Haha...no feedback on this one though, eh? Just wondering what people think

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
Looks great and is trying something a bit different, I totally approve in theory. Dont have time to taste the actuality though, sry!

Also, 2nd map in UT3, surely you've done other maps elsewhere though, yes? My second map could only be best described as 'oops'.

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
OMG, looks outstanding! I just imagined all projectiles from second screenshot in motion... must be seemless.

I really like the patterns you can see in big fights like this

Looks great and is trying something a bit different, I totally approve in theory. Dont have time to taste the actuality though, sry!

Also, 2nd map in UT3, surely you've done other maps elsewhere though, yes? My second map could only be best described as 'oops'.

Nope, no other tangible game content like this...Thanks...Nice job on AFF by the way

Shivan Hunter

May 29, 2009
I played it awhile back- It was a good map, I like the unique design, but it was... slow. My PC can play most UT3 stock maps with no noticeable slowdown, but this map was lagging all the time. I'm not sure why since it didn't seem like it used too many resource-intensive effects... maybe I had the editor open in the background and forgot.

Anyway, I really liked the creative gameplay. I had several moments that mirrored the 2nd screenshot, especially at the beginning of the match, and it was truly epic. Raptors and AVRiLs ar l33t. :)

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
Awesome...glad you enjoyed it...it uses a lot of dynamic lights which is the main thing, but if it wasn't too slow to play, that's about what I expected for it...it bogs my system down too at times. I'd like to improve performance if I knew how in this instance

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Solution: get rid of the dynamic lights. Make sure only relevant objects cast shadow, and only big objects have dynamic channel.
Dynamic lights/shadows is really resource intensive and should be used sparingly.

Also, I think this 3D Buzz video gives some tips about optimizing the lighting... Though I am very uncertain and have never tried it myself.

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
Yea, easy huh? But as you can see in the map, Getting rid of the dynamic lights means the main ship wouldn't have lighting. They don't cast dynamic shadows, and I'm happy with how it runs. Thanks for the link though, always good to know more ways to run smoother lighting

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
looks like this will be my 3rd to last UT3 WAR map review. Is it a WAR battle with portals between moving sea vehicles or something else? Looks like the former at sunset/sunrise with cool vehicles. The map looks great and very creative with many things adding to atmosphere. Didn’t seem like it slowed down my system, but could have been a lot more fun without so many places to get stuck.:404::angst++::oops::doh::catfight: