TNT2 & Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Feb 13, 2000
Jackson, MS USA
Visit site
Okay gentlemen, and ladies. I have got a bit of a problem and I'm sure someone out there can help. I just purchased a TNT2 Ultra, which replaced 2 V2's (12 meg) and now Unreal is so dark I can barely see. I have tried to adjust the gamma and the brightness, but no change. On the 2 12 meg V2's it played perfectly. My machine is a PII-333, 128 megs of ram, SB Live card and, of course, the TNT2. I tried running it in D3d, but that was even worse. One other thing, I am running the 225f patch for Unreal. Can anyone out there help. I am also having the same problem with Sin. Actually, the only 2 games that I can run are Q2 and Half-Life. Thanks!!!!!!!!

LeadSpoon

Feb 11, 2000
Visit site
alright im supposing you could try gamma correction... under option/advanced options/rendering/direct3d/ turn Gamma Correction to TRUE. if this dosent work.. well then im not sure what will. from what you say it seems a little bit familiar so this is why im suggesting.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Try right clicking on your desktop and then click on properties. Under there you should see a tab for you card. You should be able to ajust the gamma in there.

Stubby

Feb 13, 2000
Jackson, MS USA
Visit site
Hey B.B.A., I'll be damned, it worked!!!!!!! Thanks alot!! To be perfectly honest with you, I didn't even know that was there in properties!! Now, if I can pick your brain just one more time! What driver should I use in the advanced options within Unreal, D3d, open GL, or what? Thanks again for the tip.

GoD142

Jan 24, 2000
Visit site
YO guy i've been reading your posts and i suggest going with OPENGL as your driver, since the game was based more the the opengl factor and the alpha blending is way better then Direct3d*

PS. *Well for Unreal.

Hope you take the right one!

Stubby

Feb 13, 2000
Jackson, MS USA
Visit site
Thanks Rage142, I'll take that advice, because I was running it under D3d and it looked like crap!! The only reason I haven't changed it back to opengl was because everytime I try to get into the advanced options it would not let and my machine would lock up!! As a matter-of-fact, it still does, and I'll take your advice as soon as I can get back into the advanced options!! Any ideas on how to do that, before I pull out what little hair I have left?? Thanks!!!!!!

GoD142

Jan 24, 2000
Visit site
Well Stubby i know what your going threw.
So to get to the Advanced options u must first run Unreal in SAFE MODE.
Then you can go to the advance options and then chose OPENGL.

Well it worked for me.

If it doesn't work Direct3d is still a good competator for the best Graphics.

If you need any more help contact me at
Rage142@hotmail.com

BYE

GoD142

Jan 24, 2000
Visit site
Hey guy it's me again.
I just found out on an other message board that epics has released some unofficial fixes.
The patch is called 226a and it's a beta.
BETA take note that it isn't the full patch but enough about that.

HERE's what i found out when trying it.

OPENGL DOES work but do the steps menssioned in the preveious post.
DIrect3d i'm sorry to say doesn't work all that well.
THe sound as been upped alot and the sound come's out much clearer, but maybe only for me since i'm using Aureal Vortex sound Card and the patch is ment mostly for it. Well that's what i heard......

i'm just blabering away here so..........

HELP THIS WILL HELP YOU ALOT and GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FUTUR GAMES /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Stubby

Feb 13, 2000
Jackson, MS USA
Visit site
Hey Rage 142, I guess I WILL go and download that new patch. I followed the steps in your last post and even though the game ran, it was all choppy. The graphics were pretty good. I'm going to go download that new Beta now and hope for the best. Thanks so much for your help and I'll post a reply once I try this new patch!! Again, thanks a million for your help. Who knows, maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel for me & Unreal. As for the sound part, I am running an S.B. Live card, so I should be okay in that department!!

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
Unreal is not based on open gl lol, its base on glide! End the misery and buy a Voodoo3 3000! I tried that 226 although it improved the 3d it sucked at open gl! Graphics were all blemished sound was ok, but I have found that there is only one card that works like a champ playing Unreal is V3 3000...

bullet2.gif

I've got your number!!
{PuF}XxBonesxX

Stubby

Feb 13, 2000
Jackson, MS USA
Visit site
Hey Bones, I just got your post and even though I agree with you that the V3 3000 is a great card, I finally got Unreal up and running on my TNT2 with awesome results. Granted, I had to tweak the card a bit, and my monitor too, but it was well worth it. I was running 2 V2's 12 meg cards in SLI and Unreal looked great, but with my TNT2 it now looks awesome!! Besides, why would I want to downgrade to a V3?

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
Ahhh!! But the question is why would you wanna blow a card out tweaking it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I never had to tweak with V3 3000 hehe just slapped it in and played with great results!! But its your card, sooner or later it will flake out on you..

Stubby

Feb 13, 2000
Jackson, MS USA
Visit site
Hey Bones, yeah, it's me again! When I said that I had to tweak my card to run Unreal, I did not mean that I overclocked it, because I haven't. What I meant was going into the TNT2 'directory' and adjusting the gamma and contrast and saving that configuration for Unreal. Believe me, I would not risk my card just to play one game, no matter how good that game was! Now, what I meant by tweaking my monitor was that my monitor has 3 settings: standard, presentation, and graphics modes. I have to run Unreal in the presentation mode or graphics mode. So I guess 'tweaking' was not the best word to use there. And last, but not least, what I meant by downgrading to a V3 was the amount of video ram. I am running 32 where I believe the V3 has only 16. Am I right about that? So I appoligize if you thought that I was putting down your V3, because that's not how I meant to come across!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.