...and then there is the Shock Rifle.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
nice post from Turns2Ashes

I agree that shock combos are quite easy to pull in UT2004 and this is against my favor most of the time. On the other hand it is such a rewarding frag...

Plus it is the weapon that saves my a$$ in ONS...

I wouldn't mind the push if it didnt get you in the air (so that you can continue dodging).

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
-AEnubis- said:
Personally, with the nature of lightning, I think it should create a second kind of combo. All energy weapons IMO could interact with each other like that, and it could be cool, link, shock, and lightning alike.
That would be pretty suite, and they could get creative and make lots of fun for the whole family. For example, if you shoot a shock core, and someone pegs it with a lightning gun, the lightning gets trapped in there, so if you nail the thing for a combo, the combo happens and does all its normal damage, but the lightning inside the core travels up your shock beam and hits you anyway (maybe not full damage, but something). If you see someone shoot your core, you'd know you would get hurt by doing the combo, but you'd have to decide if it was worth it or not.

Or maybe when you shoot the combo you hear a enomous explosion of thunder and as lightning is shot out in all directions and immediately fries everyone within the combo's field of view. That would be hilarious.

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
That would be pretty suite, and they could get creative and make lots of fun for the whole family. For example, if you shoot a shock core, and someone pegs it with a lightning gun, the lightning gets trapped in there, so if you nail the thing for a combo, the combo happens and does all its normal damage, but the lightning inside the core travels up your shock beam and hits you anyway (maybe not full damage, but something). If you see someone shoot your core, you'd know you would get hurt by doing the combo, but you'd have to decide if it was worth it or not.

Or maybe when you shoot the combo you hear a enomous explosion of thunder and as lightning is shot out in all directions and immediately fries everyone within the combo's field of view. That would be hilarious.

lol i'm sure your the only one to have though about this idea but yeah it would be really cool. :lol:

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
SanitysEdge said:
Nerfed shock gun = one of the reasons why UT2003 sucked.
The UT Shock gun did something like 60 for primary and 45 for secondary. It pwned.

Thats way too much damage, but also considering that it was shooting/reloading much slower etc... would make it more balanced (if I can remember).

Also dunno if any of you tryed the UT classic mutator in UT2004, but the rockets were damn slow lol, didn't know it was this much.

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
I seem to recall the shock secondary doing more damage than the primary... Maybe I just heard wrong.

I remember I were using a lot more shock balls in UT99 than primary (I think lol) and I can really not remember at all what looked combos in UT99.

A lot of people seem to have forgot about the "Spining Blade Gun", was quite a cool one.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
No one forgot the ripper, they just know what it was called ;).

Yeah, direct core hits did up to 80 in hardcore, combos like 500 at the center, and only cost 4 ammo. Yet seemed faily balanced without all the beam spam... Still dunno what the point of that was.