Unreal 2 - worth getting?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

old_man_funk

vanilla
Feb 17, 2004
UK
I want a solid single player FPS to enjoy just now and I'll never be able to run D3 so I'm considering Unreal 2. I quite enjoyed the demo and wanted to know if the full game is worth it?

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
its a good singeplayer but the muliplayer is better :p

but u also need a uber computer :p to run the multiplayer

old_man_funk

vanilla
Feb 17, 2004
UK
Cool, not really interested in XMP just now though (got UT2004 for that). Do you think my current rig would run it (only the single player element)?

Pentium 4 2GHz
512MB of RAM
Geforce 2 MX400 (woe is me)

Pro^Kp

Jan 24, 2004
yeah u should be ok. :)

u should atleast try xmp it will convert u from the darkside :p

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Definitely worth it. Should be able to pick the game up for $20 w/XMP included. No long-ass download required. And once you play XMP, you'll be like, "ut2k4, wtf was I thinking?"

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
GotBeer? said:
Should be able to pick the game up for $20 w/XMP included. No long-ass download required.

:rolleyes:

well, apart from the patch, the cbp, the ap, the cxp and some other custom maps, mutators and stuff.

Pro^Kp

Jan 24, 2004
cyb said:
:rolleyes:

well, apart from the patch, the cbp, the ap, the cxp and some other custom maps, mutators and stuff.

There Rarley used anyway :(

Except the Patch of course

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
advertising:

and that's a pity ... LOS-server is running a lot of good maps form all packs and even has a mapvote-mutator (thx to [GDC]Faust again).

Gambit

Mar 25, 2004
Unreal2 was cack, i completed it in 1 afternoon when i was off work ill

Suppose there was the odd interesting bit...but other than that it was cack. just as well i didnt spend nemorey on it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.