Doom 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Romulan

Holding on
Jun 4, 2004
home.fuse.net
I think you misunderstood. I mean that as far as Windows goes, it will only run on 2k/XP. It will not run on 98/ME. A Linux version will be available once the game ships and the Mac port a few weeks later.

Hopefully this just means that 98/ME won't be officially supported, but the game may still run.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Chaser said:
lol

I just hope Doom 3 plays as much like Doom and Doom 2 as possible... although i dont think the new engine can handle 20 enemies on the screen at once like the old doom could.

I wouldn't count on it, you'll probably end up being really dissapointed.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
Chaser: look at some of the interview videos. They're making Doom 3 like a first-person survival horror game with more option for stealth and less option for running and gunning, as also noted by PCGamer in their review of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004

That pic of the spider mastermind is only concept art... but i can only imagine the real deal! /soils self

I wouldn't count on it, you'll probably end up being really dissapointed

I'm still going to love it even if its only fighting one enemy at a time.

Chaser: look at some of the interview videos. They're making Doom 3 like a first-person survival horror game with more option for stealth and less option for running and gunning, as also noted by PCGamer in their review of it.

heheh I've been watching every video i got on Doom 3 like nonstop, running and gunning was fun, but these monsters are so damn fast you can't run! eek! Look at that cacodemon, hes crazy fast! Almost like those flamming Skulls were in the first doom.

5 days 10 hours 49 minutes 34 seconds!

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
You know what would be really leet? If Ebgames got their shipment a week early and started shipping out the games right now and they also threw in Doom 3 T shirts, hats, and my friken Pinkey Pewter figure. Yeah, that would pwn. Burnination...

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
I think the $55 is what Id is charging... everwhere else its 55 bucks and even before they offered the 2 day shipping it was 55 bucks. They were also giving away Pinky Figures if you preordered... but an hour before I preordered the offer vanished... I still hope i get my figure... or i'm going to be pissed!!!!! lol its the simple things in life.

I got 1 day air only because I cant wait one second longer for this game... and money isnt an issue. :)

Jul 22, 2000
It's about time '98 users moved on :p. Personally I... obtained a copy of Windows 2000 just so I could get my 5.1 speakers working in anticipation for Doom3. They no workies under Lunix. Well, I couldn't be arsed to get them to work, that is.

In Finland the price is rumoured to be around 49 bucks, so I'm not worried. Besides, there's always www.play.com for us Euro trash (pre-order is 45 euros delivered). Heck, they're selling Thief 3 on DVD for 28 euros delivered, so it can't be all bad :). Be warned though - their shipping takes 5-7 days.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
This may not be true for all best buys, but a few out there are going to be selling Doom 3 on August 1st. And if you pre-ordered with Best Buy you can get your copy on August 1st. It may not be to late to pre-order it through best buy. If you want it first best buy looks to be the way to go.

Jul 22, 2000
tool said:
This may not be true for all best buys, but a few out there are going to be selling Doom 3 on August 1st. And if you pre-ordered with Best Buy you can get your copy on August 1st. It may not be to late to pre-order it through best buy. If you want it first best buy looks to be the way to go.

Could you please link to the source of this. They're going to be in a world of **** if this a nationwide decision (which is isn't).

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Well I don't have a real news source. I'm gonna call best buy up myself about this today though. Activision though supposely gave the A-OK to do it.

Jul 22, 2000
tool said:
Activision though supposely gave the A-OK to do it.

It's a little hard to believe. I'd imagine some others shops would get cranky over this. So basically if Bestbuy breaks the release date, everyone else will too :).

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
You know, doom/doom2 has a fast option.
Some monsters move twice as fast, they all react faster.. the projectiles travel twice as fast (I think).

Try playing doom with the -fast option. It's quite fun :O)

And when you really want to experience "hell unleashed", try the "nightmare mode".

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
well the best way to find out is to just call up your local best buy and hope you get someone with a clue to answer your question.

Jul 22, 2000
I'm just worried about Doom3's soundtrack. How can it possibly live up to the stolen? versions of Metallica and Slayer songs in the original games.

[Edit] Orochi, Okies.