Mouse Configuration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
How do you people have your mouses configured for playing UT3? I will relate my experience in trying to attain single pixel accuracy with my Razer Deathadder (Windows 7 x64, 1920x1080).

Firstly, the non-variables:
  • Windows sensitivity is default (6/11), as this should never be altered.
  • Windows Enhance Pointer Precision is disabled (removes main cause of mouse acceleration).
  • MarkC Mouse Acceleration fix is applied (although this shouldn't have any effect on UT3 as I've never noticed any residual acceleration after the in game setting is disabled).
  • Sensitivity in the Razer Deathadder Driver is default (10/10)
My preferred sensitivity is a 20cm mouse movement to do a full 360 in-game. This means that most games are too fast when I install them, especially with my mouse running at it's max DPI of 1800. Originally, I thought I should put my mouse at the DPI that brings me closest to my 20CM/360 goal, and then use the UT3 sensitivity setting to fine tune. After all, what is the point of having the mouse input a huge resolution, and then ignoring half the data by lowering the game's sensitivity?

But I couldn't get singe pixel accuracy with 450 or 900 DPI. I think the best I got was 3 pixels at a time. I think this is called pixel skipping.

At 1800 DPI I could finally get single pixel accuracy. I had to reduce the UT3 sensitivity setting all the way down to 450 (2500 default). This seems strange to me.

Is UT3 a DirectInput game?