UT2kX ONS-CrashFlight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I'm releasing another map, converted from UTXMP, but it doesn't require UTXMP to run! This time it's ONS-CrashFlight, an Onslaught map that features two spaceships, Skaarj and Human, crashed in a valley on Na Pali. I have converted the map from XMP and enhanced bot paths, and also added some vehicles so nodes wouldn't be empty. The Link Setups have been made especially to avoid choke points - so you will usually see quite a lot of sky beams in the map :)

The map was originally made for UTXMP by Erik 'Styx' Cederman. He didn't create a story, so I managed to come up with one:
Two scout ships - Skaarj and NEG - had crashed on Na Pali because of the gravitational force none of them knew of. They had to gain control over the Tarydium pools in the valley to power their own ships while trying to ruin the plans of the enemies, even to the point of destroying their ship engine. This year the Liandri Corporation decided to recreate this battle in an Onslaught environment.

Here are some screenshots:

Download link:
Crashflight Files - these are required for ONS-Crashflight to run. It will also be required by VCTF-Crashflight and VDOM-Crashflight.
ONS-CrashFlight - the actual map. Make sure you get the required files first!

The official readme:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
|**|Readme of ONS-CrashFlight for Unreal Tournament 2004 |**|
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

*NOTE: For best results, Word Wrap needs to be enabled.*

-------------------
GENERAL INFORMATION
-------------------

Authors: GreatEmerald
Release Date: 2009 01 25
Last Update: N/A
Archive Filenames: CrashflightFiles.zip, ONS-CrashFlight.zip
Level Filename: ONS-CrashFlight.ut2
Level Size: Medium
Version: 1.0

-----------------
LEVEL INFORMATION
-----------------

Level Name: Crash Flight
Level Theme: Outdoors
Gametype: Onslaught
Botmatch: Yes
Teamplay: Yes
Single Player: No
Multiplayer: Yes
Type of Arena: Normal
Difficulty: N/A
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: No
New Music: No
New Weapons: No
New Vehicles: No
New UnrealScript: No
New UnrealKismet: No
New UnrealCascade: No
New UnrealMatinee: No
Custom Vertex Animated Meshes: No
Custom Static Meshes: Yes
High Detail: N/A
Screenshot: Yes

----------------
PLAY INFORMATION
----------------

Recommended Players: 4-24
Weapons: All
Ammo: Provided with Weapon Lockers
Vehicles: 4 Scorpions, 2 Hellbenders, 2 Mantas, 2 Paladins
Music: KR-SkaarjAssault

------------
CONSTRUCTION
------------

Foundation Type: N/A
Base: XMP-CrashFlight
Build Time: 3 days
Editors Used: UnrealEd 3.0
Polys: 2231
Known Issues: Bots sometimes act oddly, and they love getting vehicles inside the ships.

------------
REQUIREMENTS
------------

Unreal Tournament 2004 and either Mega Pack or Editor's Choice Edition. To run the map, you also have to download the required files in the archive CrashflightFiles.zip.

------------
INSTALLATION
------------

Unzip CrashflightFiles.zip into your UT2004 folder, and ONs-Crashflight.zip into your UT2004\Maps folder.

-----------
DESCRIPTION
-----------

This is a map, converted from UTXMP to the main UT2004. It is perfect for Onslaught and Vehicle CTF - the setting is outdoors, there are two spaceships on both sides of a valley, one is human (NEG), the other one is Skaarj. The official link setups are made especially to avoid choke points. Nodes are split all around the map, and each of them has one vehicle (except the cores, which have two each). The Power Cores are inside the space ships, acting like actual ship engines that you have to destroy in order to stop the enemy team from flying out of Na Pali.

--------------
CUSTOM SECTION
--------------

This map has been also converted to VCTF and VDOM. Check them out as well.

--------------
OTHER PROJECTS
--------------

Currently converting all kinds of stuff from Unreal II to UT2004 and from UT3 to UT2004.

-------
TESTERS
-------

Me!

-------
CREDITS
-------

Free Monkey Interactive for making UTXMP, and Erik 'Styx' Cederman for creating the map!

---------
CHANGELOG
---------

+ [1.0] Initial release.

----------------
CHANGELOG LEGEND
----------------

* Fixed
+ New
- Deleted
! Changed
@ Renamed
# Restored
& Statement

-----------
PERMISSIONS
-----------

You MAY use this level as a base for other levels.

You MAY NOT commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money with/without my/our explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (Internet, FIDO, Magazine Covers, local BBS, etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive intact.

----------------
COPYRIGHT NOTICE
----------------

ONS-CrashFlight is Copyright (c) 2009 by GreatEmerald.

XMP-CrashFlight is Copyright (c) 2006, 2007, 2008 by Erik 'Styx' Cederman.

eXpanded MultiPlayer (c) 2003, 2004 Legend Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Unreal and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Unreal Tournament 2004 (c) 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 Epic Games, Inc. and Digital Extremes. All Rights Reserved. Unreal and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I can't, because I will be releasing VCTF-Crashflight and VDOM-CrashFlight, so you would need to get the required files two more times which obviously won't make any good. Besides, if I forget to add something, I will have to resubmit one, and not three, files.
What do you mean "sub"?