Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evc

Represent
Dec 22, 2001
Dreamland
www.fastlanehw.com
Avengers 6/10

We saw this in 3D and I don't know why we bothered (other than the 2D showing being on 40 minutes before we could get to the cinema). 3D added very little to the experience other than a higher ticket price.

I agree with this, saw it in 3D and it did not add much to it at all, I know others who saw the regular version and enjoyed it. Some movies benefit from 3D, sadly this is not one of them, although I thought it was a good movie.

8.5/10

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Does 3D ever add to the experience? I mean it was good in Avatar, but I still think it's the biggest scam going. It's especially gimmicky when they add it to the movie title. "My Bloody Valentine 3D". Come on now. :rolleyes:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Does 3D ever add to the experience? I mean it was good in Avatar, but I still think it's the biggest scam going. It's especially gimmicky when they add it to the movie title. "My Bloody Valentine 3D". Come on now. :rolleyes:

^ This

BUT WHAT ABOUT PIRAHNA 3DD?

It didn't look special in the first movie and it won't look special in that one. The movie will still kick ass though :D

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Piranha (1978)
Grade: B+

Piranha II: The Spawning (1981)
Horrible sequel; but well at James Cameron's directorial debut, and Lance Henriksen's acting discovery.
Grade: C

Piranha (1995)
Not seen this first remake yet I wonder.
Grade: C

Piranha 3D (2011)
Funnier and deadlier as the original one.
Grade: B+

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Machine Gun Preacher-8/10

Based on a true story the subject matter of this film is not entertaining. Certainly a film to avoid if you don't like the idea of getting a healthy dose of reality.

Very well done.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
John Carter - 3/10 So, a film that emptied Disney's purse of £134,000,000 got a viewing last night and I was intrigued to see why this flick got such a universal panning.
When you look at the film as a whole, you can start to understand why there was such widespread condemnation regarding the financing of the movie and what it delivered in terms of spectacle and wow factor.
Watch the film and you can't help but ask "Where did all that money go?"
Anyway - here's my review:

Edgar Rice Burrough as a child inherits a vast estate and fortune but more importantly, the journal of John Carter and his many adventures.
As part of the will, the journal is apparently, for Edgar's eyes only, although when it's handed over to him, it's looks like half the world has already read it but anyway, the boy sets about reading the journal.

John Carter from the outset is some decorated army captain/soldier with a devil may care attitude, carving out a meagre existence in the wild west, seeking fortune as a gold digger.
Some other general/captain dude knows of John's reputation as a fearless fighter and attempts to re-recruit him back into military service because basically he thinks John Carter is rock hard and potentially, a one man army in his own right.
He ends up in prison for just beating people up who so much as look at him and eventually escapes into the hills where he finds a cave with weird drawings all over the walls etc.
Then some monk type guy steps through a portal, ala stargate style, looking somewhat surprised to see John admiring the wall art - err...OK.
John Carter slaps the guy about a bit and grabs his medallion, sets it into a stone altar (Total Recall) and gets transported to Mars - check.
John wakes up and meets an army af Jar Jar Binks's - gets recruited and accepted into the Jar Jar Binks army and embarks on another war, on another planet, now bestowed with super human strength because of the low gravity conditions on Mars - what a crock - honestly, it doesn't get much worse than this.
Oh, add to the story that he also has to rescue a martian princess who apparently possesses the brain power of Steven Hawking and the fighting capabilities of Conan the Barbarian, only she doesn't actually do anything.
There's another guy who, you guessed it, wants power and domination over the entire planet and is given a glove by these monk overlords and told not to blow all the power at once.
The glove itself is made of blue tumbleweed and seems only capable of spitting out a couple of plasma bolts not worth worrying about, yet seems to have brought the planet to its knees - yawn.
And so the nonsense continues.
I was thinking, "OK but the special effects and art direction must be mind blowing later on, because it's had 130,000,000 quid spent on it!"
And this is where the problem lies.
With such a massive budget, you're always expecting more from the special effects but they just don't materialise.
Unfortunately, the film goes down in cinematic infamy for all the right reasons - basically blowing huge sums of money and having nothing to show for it.