@#$%^&*!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
This is me after my STUPID gun wouldn't work after aproximately 52 tries. AN' IT STILL DON'T!

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
What, and ruin all this frustration?

Can you see ANY reason why bAlt wouldn't be set to false after the animation was finished playing?

state AltFiring
{
ignores AltFire, Fire;
Begin:
CheckVisibility();
bPointing=True;
PlayerPawn(Owner).ShakeView(shaketime,shakemag,shakevert);
PlayAnim('Shoot',0.50,0.05);
bAlt = True;
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
TraceFire(0.10);
Owner.MakeNoise(3.00 * Pawn(Owner).SoundDampening);
Owner.PlaySound(FireSound,SLOT_None,Pawn(Owner).SoundDampening * 3);
Owner.MakeNoise(1.00 * Pawn(Owner).SoundDampening);
Owner.PlaySound(AltFireSound,SLOT_None,Pawn(Owner).SoundDampening * 3);
FinishAnim();
bAlt = False;
Finish();
}

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Originally posted by Smoke39
What, and ruin all this frustration?

Can you see ANY reason why bAlt wouldn't be set to false after the animation was finished playing?
OK, in this case I suggest you DON'T change "FinishAnim();" into "if ( IsAnimating() ) FinishAnim();" because this could skip that function in case the animation doesn't play at all and completely ruin your frustration. :rolleyes: And don't check that PlayAnim() function. That could have the same result...

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I like to say, "Die Stiefel sind toll, aber kaputt!"

Moo!

Gazibo!

Foible!

Moo!

Blrblewfleoomgesdfighaldjafheenvmobpamfncurhalsda;sgdlkhasdfhaklsdhgkjashdfhsaldfhajkshdf;kausodfuaxlcvafdmbav ajf
;'XJAfDFJSDVN,SMTBG;AJLSDNFm,hNLJFHSADFHASDBFSDALAHGBkj

ow...

I like to say, "Die Stiefel sind toll, aber kaputt!" <--German!

Moo! <-- A sound effect that can commonly be herd around cows

Gazibo! <-- A--usually circular--platform with a roof that is most common in small northeastern US towns. Also called a Bandstand.

Foible! <-- A small character flaw. I have no foibles, all my character flaws are too major to be called foribles.

Moo! <-- No pun intended on the above moo.
Blrblewfleoomgesdfighaldjafheenvmobpamfncurhalsda;sgdlkhasdfhaklsdhgkjashdfhsaldfhajkshdf;kausodfuax
lcvafdmbav ajf
;'XJAfDFJSDVN,SMTBG;AJLSDNFm,hNLJFHSADFHASDBFSDALAHGBkj
Obvioulsly Smoke's cat (or similarly sized small animal... cockroach maybe?) was walking on the keyboard. This is an elaborate cat language that the NSA is working very hard to crack, with no success as of yet.
It could also be that he was banging his head upon the keyboard, hence the

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I'm alergic to cats, ya foo'! DEATHLY so! If I had a cat, I'd go, "Hack! WHEEZE! Cough! SNEEZE! DIE!" An' then I'd be DEAD!

Let's all go to the grocery store! [bum!]

Hello!

I know! Send in more planes!

As well as "Die Stiefel sind toll, aber kaputt!" I like to say, "Bleistift Land, wir habben Bleistifte! Und das ist alles! Ja!" and, "Und Geschichkte (sp?)" because this guy on this tape in German class said it all funny-like! Oh! And "Die Fische stinken!" HAW! Die Fische stinken!

Blarbleoof!
Flibledybibble!
Bamboozle!
Corn on da cob!
Bob McFfob and the DISEASED MONKEY!
Spatula!
Feet!
Hullabaloo!
Bus!

Why is "ski" pronounced "she" in German? Why is "German" "Deutsch" in German? Why is the sky not orange? Why are toes shaped as they are? Why are bananas fruits? Why are shoes so durned shoe-like? Why do pigs not fly unless aided by some human machine? Why do people grow hair on their face? Why do they remove it? Why do things smell so funny? WHY IS YOUR FOOT LIKE THAT? WHY!? WHY!?

Umm... I used to know how to say "The horse's body is in the road" in Latin. Something about equus est... maybe. Don't remember.

Smoke == Alergic to cats
Smoke == Alergic to cockroaches?? I didn't think so, so maybe it was a cockroach that was attacking your keyboard. Yes... yes! Maybe it was. I can see it now! One of those hissing ones.
My freind used to have some of those... one was named Ceaser or Nero or something. I think they lived a while, then died of old age (cockroaches are notoriously short-lived). Speaking of which I once put a can of soup on top of a cockroach (you know, with the little lip-side down) and let it sit there. This was one of those big cans of Progresso or somesuch, so it had plenty of oxygen to breathe under there, but there was some limit. It also had no sustinance.
I let it sit there for a while... a day maybe, then checked under the can. The cockroach lived!
Two days. I looked under there, the cockroach lived!
three days. It still was hunkered down under that can!
A week passed by. I checked it. Yup, it was still alive.
I think at some point I let it go because I really wanted some Progresso Beefy Noodle soup. I cooked it in the microwave... microwave-cooked soup is nasty. The rice doesn't get a chance to absorb the brothy juices and stays kinda crunchy.
So much for Beefy Noodles.
Yup. Many people think I have a non-linear mind. Oh, it's linear all right, but they only see windows into it every so often. They might catch the thing about the cat, then miss everything until the Beefy Noodles. The two subjects aren't connected, but that would be one train of thought as to where I might get from cats to Beefy Noodles.

How's your gun coming along Smoke?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Which gun? The shoe gun? I'm not makin' a shoe gun. I've never liked the idea of a shoe gun. Shoes are shaped too funny to make cool projectiles. Except maybe as grenades, but certainly not as rocket'like projectiles. Toenails could make good projectiles. Ever played Kirby Super Star? You know that RPG battle thingy in Great Cave Offensive? You know that dragon dude in that battle? You know how he shoot those thingies that look like toenails? Yeah. It could work sorta like that. Toenailarangs! But that's too stupid for Pain, and too exhistent for Unusual. Oh yeah, and Bounty Hunters has plenty of weaponry already. Speaking of BH, how am I gonna implement a buying system? I don't know how to make those pretty voice-menu-like menus, and I'd rather not copy the Freehold's buying weapon type thingy. But if I were to simply epand on the idea, and make mine better, would it be okay? It could be so that when you went past the rope (which I'm thinking of removing), a buy menu would appear on you helmet, and it would be all pretty and curved to look all projected-on-your-helmet-like. And then you'd use primary and secondary fire to select what you wanted to buy. And when you kill someone, you only gain their bounty if it's less than yours. Otherwise your bounty is set to 125% of theirs. Yeah. Oh, and did I mention I'm gonna change the grappling hook into a grappling beam, sorta like Samus'? Yeah, and Unusual's gonna be really funky, with stuff like magic penciles that let you draw randome objects that get flung at your enemes. Pretty neat, huh? Oh, and there's no "k" in "Geschichte."

Trentdaddy

Interface with me by entering my face.
Jul 12, 2002
Alabama
Gosh, I haven't seen Wormbo in ages. But now that he noticed that this thread is so OT, he prolly won't read this thread (and this post) any more.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
Trentdaddy said:
Gosh, I haven't seen Wormbo in ages. But now that he noticed that this thread is so OT, he prolly won't read this thread (and this post) any more.

Haha! To congratulate myself on my first post in this forum, I SHALL RESSURECT SMOKES MOST EMBARRESING TOPIC! A TOPIC THAT WAS ONCE DEAD, SHALL ONCE AGIN B ALIV!

TOPIK, RIS FRUM THU GRAWND!

P.S.
My weapon isn't working either

HAHA! DEAD IS A FUNNY WORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.