Lan Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rocspo

I'm trying to set up lan games on 2 DELL computers at home. Regardless of which computer I set up as the lan host, the other computer can't find any servers on the "Find lan games" page. I know that the networking hardware is ok, because racing games work fine. I've done a full UT install on both machines. Is there a particular protocall I need to install for the network cards? I'm using Linksys Combo EtherPCI Lan Card IIs. I hope that I'm just overlooking something simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.
HARDWARE:
Computer 1: Dell PII 450, 128mb ram, Creative Annihilator Pro GeForce 256, Direct X 7.0a
Computer 2 :Dell PII 400, 256mb ram, 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 AGP,Direct X 6.?
I'm afraid I'm a little slow, so step by step help would sure be appreciated, but any help at all would be welcomed.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
UT uses TCP/IP protocols.

To add this protocol, open your Network Neighbourhood properties then select Add->Protocols->Microsoft->TCP/IP->then OK.

Now open the TCP/IP properties for your Ethernet Adapter and specify both an IP and a Subnet mask.

NB. The subnet masks must be the same but your IP address must be unique
ie, IP = 10.138.80.### where ###= a unique number
Subnet Mask = 255.255.252.0

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>