Serious help: What console?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Browny, why did you have to post screenshots? Now I'll invariably be forced to post shots of Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, Ace Combat 4, Xenosaga, and Outcast 2 to counter your screenshots, and you know that'll make all the little 56K'ers cry... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here we are, and in 56K-friendly format no less...

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies

Image 01
Image 02
Image 03
Image 04
Image 05
Image 06
Image 07
Image 08
Image 09
Image 10
Image 11
Image 12
Image 13
Image 14

Devil May Cry

Image 01
Image 02
Image 03
Image 04
Image 05
Image 05
Image 06

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Image 01
Image 02
Image 03
Image 04
Image 05
Image 06
Image 07
Image 08
Image 09
Image 10
Image 11
Image 12
Image 13

Final Fantasy X

Image 01
Image 02
Image 03
Image 04
Image 05
Image 06
Image 07
Image 08
Image 09
Image 10
Image 11
Image 12
Image 13
Image 14
Image 15
Image 16

Xenosaga

Image 01
Image 02
Image 03
Image 04
Image 05
Image 06
Image 07
Image 08
Image 09
Image 10
Image 11
Image 12
Image 13
Image 14

Outcast 2: The Lost Paradise

Image 01
Image 02
Image 03
Image 04
Image 05
Image 06
Image 07
Image 08
Image 09
Image 10
Image 11
Image 12
Image 13

-Keiichi

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
:eek:

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Well, I created a frenzy and now I'm gunna have to let you all down. We just bought a Playstation........ one.

My wife just wanted "a" console. I was pushing for a "top o' the line, OH-MY-GOSH-LOOK-AT-THE-GRAPHICS" console. Anyways, she's happy with what she got, and I figure if I get hooked on it, we'll probably end up with a new PS2 in a few months (can you say Christmas? :D).

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
but.....but.......but.......what about Unreal Championship?!?!:(

Anyways, now that she is playing PS, you are playing INF, who is going to do the cooking/cleaning? Have fun with it.:)

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
(after seeing Keiichi's post) :
for (i = 0; i < 100 ; i++)
{
"save target as";
}

:D

BTW, Keiichi, i have (again) been a dumbass by telling in another post you were a biased PS2 pimp.... Your first post here was extremely neutral ... I humbly beg your pardon ...

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

After seein Keiichis post: Pre ordering X Box as-i-write, the PS2 has NO future..... well it has, but its a boring, japaneese bunch of games one......

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
You're right, Spike. It takes a nanosecond to detect all the anime/japanese influence in Outcast 2, Devil May Cry and Ace Combat 4 ... How foolish i was to ignore that :D

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Originally posted by DLL
:eek:

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Well, I created a frenzy and now I'm gunna have to let you all down. We just bought a Playstation........ one.

My wife just wanted "a" console. I was pushing for a "top o' the line, OH-MY-GOSH-LOOK-AT-THE-GRAPHICS" console. Anyways, she's happy with what she got, and I figure if I get hooked on it, we'll probably end up with a new PS2 in a few months (can you say Christmas? :D).

heh. i figured as much. Honestly the PS1 has a very strong library that's got a good amount of vareity, and is now very affordable... espically as i mentioned that in my experience women tend to enjoy puzzles, and generally gameplay more than graphics. Go try and pick up "Super Puzzle Fighter" it's probably less than 10 bucks used, and is one of our favoirites espically at parties because just about anyone knows colums/ tetris, and the versus feature is quite addictive.

Gamespot has a nice little seciton called "game collectors" or something like that where they've been listing all the "must have" games that you can usually find in bargin bins, or at your local "FUNCO".

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
She's into sports games. :tup: She bought some boxing game and I played it until two in the morning. I didn't get enought sleep and my brain isn't working (hence I can't remember the name of the game :p )

And my thumb hurts! :mad:

I think I'll check out Super Puzzle Fighter. I bet she'd like that too. :)

I also mentioned getting a football game and she jumped on that idea. My wife is so cool. :D

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
ya know we've all forgoten about quite probably the single best console. espically in this situation.

Gameboy. Dont laugh... it's been alive and kicking for alot longer than the PS, N64, Dreamcast, (and it's probably got more after market mods, and parts than an AR15/M4 lol) and i think has the largest collection of games for any system, and they're fairly cheap... and alot of them are fun. Hell, even my mom has a gameboy. And it's portable... If you do alot of commuiting or just like to lay in bed, and game.. you can't beat the little gameboy.

And if i'm not mistaken GameBoy advance, is backwards compatable if your looking to spend some more money.

But anyhow PS1 is also just as good.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
on a different topic:
am i the only person who looks at HALO and is dissapointed? That game would've been impressive if it had been released when it was suppoesed to.. but now i just look at it and say.. bah. I feel really bad for bungie.. if they hadn't been forced into a initial X box release they could've clean the PC market with HALO ( i think it was originally planed to be out around the same time as tribes 2 )

I dunno whenever i see pics of HALO i think i'm looking at a game that's a year old.

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
two words:

Final fantasy.

now that you have a playstation, you can play FF4-9 and IMHO the best one is FFVII. that IS if you are into CRPGs.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
It might not look that great anymore, but if the game looks the same and it took this long to make, it's likely that the gameplay has been tweaked as close to perfection as possible, and gameplay matters just as much as graphics, if not more. However, I'm starting to really lean away from the Xbox and look at the PS2. Mostly has to do with the recent release of GTA3, my most anticipated game this year, plus the upcoming release of MGS2. I dunno if I'll be able to wait much longer. :hmm:

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
MGS2? I dont think anyone on earth wants that game more than me, keiichi and shakken...

and the fact that I was expelled from school, I have nothing better to do than to sit around wishing I had the game... more and more...