UE2 - UT2kX Trigger Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phantasym

Jun 15, 2008
I probably should have stated that I'm pretty much a beginner at this, Am I using a trigger? If so where would I insert bWaveInProgress?

Edit: Ok I see what you are saying I'm going to have to write some lines of code. The trouble is, I've only worked with unreal editor and not actually writing any coding. Is there anywhere I can learn how to create this code?

Last edited:

Phantasym

Jun 15, 2008
Haha I accept your offer. Here is your somethingfunny-doing dog: Giraffe Dog

And just in case that won't do:
Yarr

Dressing up counts as doing something right? Anyways.. Do I have some way of contacting you so you can send me the code? Btw thanks a lot for doing this, it will save me a lot of trouble. :)

PS. And here's a cat: Cluck

Last edited:

Phantasym

Jun 15, 2008
The beginning of wave 4 would be preferred, but it doesn't really matter as it's only a few seconds different, so if that is too complicated the end of wave 3 is alright. Maybe after you've coded it I'll look at it and summon up the courage to play around with it myself as well, maybe figure out how to change which wave it triggers at and such. Anyways take your time, and if you can't send it through PM then I have xfire and gmail as well.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
http://www.angelmapper.com/gamedev/ut2004/files/InvasionWaveTrigger.zip

Throw mylevel.u into your system folder, then open your map in the editor. Add the TriggerOnInvasionWave actor, and in its properties set the Cycle number. It'll count down at the beginning and end of each wave, so if you wanted it to trigger at the end of wave 3 it would be set to 6. Then set its Event to whatever you wanted to trigger.

Once you're finished, save and close the editor, then delete mylevel.u from the system folder. The actor will be embedded in the map, so you won't need the file anymore and you won't need to include it with your map.

Phantasym

Jun 15, 2008
Thanks so much for doing this for me. :)

It's working, but shouldn't I keep mylevel.u in case I want to use it in another map? Also, I just have one quick question which you don't need to answer if you don't want to. If I wanted to have a message broadcasted when the door is opened, would I be adding that to the trigger, or to the mover?

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Keep the zip folder somewhere, but don't keep the mylevel file in your system folder until you need it for a map, and then only long enough to add it to the map.

For your question, you can add a Counter to your map with the same Tag as the InvasionTrigger's Event, and set its NumToCount property to 1, and set a message there.

Phantasym

Jun 15, 2008
I couldn't get the Counter to broadcast a message when the door opened, but I am probably following your instructions wrong. Anyways that doesn't matter, the hardest part works and I would be lost without you, thanks again. I noticed you have some mapping tutorials, I will be sure to check those out so I can learn more from you. :D

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
We Want A Shrubbery!!!!

Sorry I couldnt think of anything relevant to add that might help... just AMs request put me in mind of the Knights who say "Ni!"