TrackRacer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Oh I've been careful to not include any trademark names :p

You think the Mario etc pixel art could be a problem?

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ybML1Fi3ZsE[/M]

Jerkiness is due to slow HDD recording speed. Never noticed it until after I uploaded to YouTube :/

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
The copyright/trademarked materials could technically be an issue, but one single free map for a free mod for a game hardly anyone plays won't come to their attention, and they likely wouldn't care if it did. Carry on :) If they complain i'm sure you can slap a wall over the Nintendo characters.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
New vehicle that is allowed to go up the ramps

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuosTCPQVZA[/M]

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Looking good! :tup:

It could be interesting if the vehicles got a speed boost when you run them on the rails. The Hoverboard might also be OK if it isn't already, the map looks kinda large judging from the video...

I'd also leave the 'I like to move it' for the final execution... it would be more 'WTF' than watching it every time... ;)

Will test the next beta once the new vehicle is added. :)

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
I'd also leave the 'I like to move it' for the final execution... it would be more 'WTF' than watching it every time... ;)

I never thought of that. Great idea :)

It could be interesting if the vehicles got a speed boost when you run them on the rails. The Hoverboard might also be OK if it isn't already, the map looks kinda large judging from the video...

It's not actually that big of a map compared to a lot of VCTF/ONS maps.
Only the AyTeeVee can go up top. Design decision :)

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
So, I'm tweaking the vehicles at the moment (adding headlights etc).

Got any ideas for an arena while I'm busy?

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
I thought I'd make an arena with 2 vehicles in but I'm having a little trouble with Kismet.

After the arena match has ended, I need to destroy the 2 vehicles and then re-set their vehicle factories.

Anyone have any idea how to do it?

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Haha, the physics on the AyTeeVee are pretty funny, especially at 0:43 in the video. :lol:

I love the idea of the extended final execution. :tup:

Maybe the example of the challenge arena on JB-1 could help out with getting the vehicle factories correct for your arena. I'm kind of late, havent' been around my home PC much in the last few weeks. Do you already have a good arena idea? Some of the smaller Mario Kart battle arenas could provide inspiration.

1069393-cookie_land.png

400px-Pipe_Plaza.JPG