a PuF vs BuF community ut2003 ctf game!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

overd0ze.

Jul 1, 2003
how about it?

i am here representing the PuF community

5vs5 CTF

Weapons
No FF
No Adren

i will gather 4 fellows from the PuF community and you guys can pick 5 guys to play against us...it'll be fun!

:)

overd0ze.PuF

Butress

The Bearer of Humpage
Jan 13, 2000
Visit site
yeah this is a great idea. inter-forum matches have all gone so flawlessly in the past. a true testament to sportmanship, civility, and goodness. gl. and i mean that. gl.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I think this could be a good hatchet-burier between our two communities, at least in a gaming sense. Unfortunately, considering the relatively short timeline we're given, I don't know how easy it would be to schedule something with a server admin...unless we're talking about The Web, which shouldn't be a problem since no one plays on it. ;)

Of course, we'd have to do this on a Saturday so I at least have the opportunity to play. ;)

(Edit: Instaposted 3x! :eek:)

(If we DO do this on The Web, FragBU would have to be put into consideration...)

Last edited:

overd0ze.

Jul 1, 2003
rotfl whoops, yea 8pm EST . . . i was thinkin pacific time when u said 7 cst, aight thats good, 8pm EST this saturday.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Ok last thing is servers. We could use theweb but it's totally up to webslinger. In the meantime can I have the IP adress of your two servers overd0ze. so I can see if they're up to par or not?

overd0ze.

Jul 1, 2003
u can ping them in dos for now, find me in #fx or #wetdream2k3 on irc.pgpn.com tonight if u wanna mess around on the server then, i'm at work and i dont have webadmin handy.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
hey, everyone who's interested in playing... go check out their servers... if they're good, it may be easier to use one of them. And TWD... honestly with YOUR ISP, should YOU be rating server performance?? :)

overd0ze, here's the server they're talking about that we play on weekends.

unreal://theweb.dyndns.ws:7777
Full T1, Kansas City, m0
it does not run from 8am - 7pn CST Mon - Fri

lemme know... but like I said, since my server is dependent on the reservation utility that's connected to it, it may be easier logistically to use theirs.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
WebSlinger said:
hey, everyone who's interested in playing...

/me grabs Webby's cable connection. "Okay, now I'm ready to play!" ;)

Oh well, I'll watch from the bleachers (irc if possible) since my connection's crappy! I'll be the one wearing the "Rev for President" t-shirt and waiving the BuF flag.

(speaking of Rev, that reminds me - is it going to be open for everyone, or just non-clan members?)

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Hey overd0ze, welcome to BuF.
Out of curiousity I droped by PuF, but didn't see anything over there regarding this community ctf thing. Didn't see your name in the member list either. [edit]Maybe I looked in the wrong place for both.[/edit] I'm just curious about how this idea came about and who is involved on your side.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The only reason I'd be more inclined to use the web is I know that I can get an ok connection to it, but if we all connect ok to this other server then it would be just fine. I just wanna get everything planned today and get that out of the way cuz I wanna be shoutcasted on tsn!

Yeah your right I'm not the best to perform network performance how bout whoever is going to be around tonght come into the #fragbu channel and then we'll talk to overdoze and get in to try it. What specific times will you be on overdoze?

overd0ze.

Jul 1, 2003
of course, you can still play if you're in a clan.

dabeat, i use to post there like last year w/ a dif nick, i just thought it'd be cool to have PuF vs BuF since i use to post there and i'll be gettin some old friends from PuF, they prolly dont post there anymore but we all started off there.

TWD, i'm home now, hop in #fx or #wetdream2k3 on PGP and i'll change the server settings, they have to be passworded for now cuz they're not public servers, they're match/important stuff servers...or something like that :p

Last edited: