Titan A.E

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
well i finally saw it... the one movie i wanted to see this summer (err spring?)... i even waited till the 12:15 show to see it (ugh)...

anyway, i was a little disappointed... i mean the eye candy was friggin awesome but i was expecting a little more... there was action, there were things blowing up, there were aliens and there were even asian people! but all of that didn't do anything for me... all action no thrills.... i got more thrills watching "Independence Day" (which was a pretty lame movie btw) than when i saw this

breakdown:
cool factor: 9 (so much eye candy!)
acting: 1.5 (1 word: ugh)
plot: 3(aliens vs humans w/ very slight twist)
final rating: worth a matinee solely for the effects... if you're not into action movies you are going to be tortured...

looks like the next big summer movie i'm looking forward to will be "X-Men" although i am definately going to see "The Patriot"

it is late... i am tired but can't sleep... doh

------------------
"nice shot"

KU

Jan 8, 2000
Melbourne
What movie are you watching next?

bullet2.gif

Mind Maps/Mnemonics Matter!

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Has anyone seen Gone in 60 Seconds yet.... that took in a sh.it load of money in its opening weekend. I've been looking forward to that one for a while now :)

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Gone in 60 seconds sucked imho. I didnt expect it to have a deeply involved story(which it didnt) but I did expect to see some cool car chases. The few car chases that were in the movie were very bland. The cars were being stolen for a good cause, but I didnt like how they glamorized auto thieves.

Definitely looking forward to seeing X-men and the Patriot.

I recommend Rules of Engagement and Gladiator(though I dont think it was as awesome as everybody had told me).

And Mission Impossible 2 was decent if you're looking for some cool action and stunts.

bullet2.gif

"Set it, and forget it." Ron Popeil, genius inventor

[This message has been edited by LiquiD_SiN (edited 06-18-2000).]

goddamn I'm sloppy

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
luckily my friends already saw "Gone in Sixty Seconds" before i had the chance to... from what they told me, it sucked the big one..

bullet2.gif

"nice shot"

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Titan was pretty neat. I'd rate it a bit higher than cobra.
It had a little too much disneyism...i.e. romantic but overly cutesy sub plot, and goofy comic relief characters with no depth.

My biggest problem was that they never really explained just why the Dredge started fücking with us in the first place.
You've got this great movie about earth blowing up, but you're never sure why earth blew up. The dredge are simply the faceless unstoppable bad guy that attacks in swarmswithout provocation. I want bad guys with real motives, and who are real characters. Not just simple drones who are there for no reason other than to symbolize Eevil.

As for the eye candy, I wasn't that impressed. They did a nice job, and it had the proper "immersive" effect but I've seen stuff just as good done on my roomate's machine.

bullet2.gif

There's a noodle in my streudel, and it's name is Minky Boodle. -- Space Ghost

:( Too bad. I was really looking forward to this one. I have to say, bad voice acting in animated films is something I can *not* forgive, no matter how great the animation is. Princess Mononoke is a perfect example, IMHO. Clare Danes should be shot for that "performance". Ugh... someone please tell me where I can find a subtitled version of this movie. :)